IGNORED

Calling all Facebookers

Sunman

Hey all:

I am sure many of you are very familliar with the biggest and most successful social networking site on the web, FACEBOOK. Well if you are like me, and you spend many hours on that site, you will be shocked to learn, that with the millions of groups facebook has, there was no Venture group! Actually there was one, for the Venture snowmobile, but not the motorcycles. So, I started one. If you search for Yamaha venture or tour deluxe you should find the group. It is open to all, and I used this site as the website link, so hopefull will just expand the VR family a bit. And of course, all my VR family is welcome to add me to their facebook. Just wanted to get the word out. Hope to see you all round cyberspace!

Sonny

Here is a direct link to the facebook group. I know there are lots of you out there

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21338336667

again, please feel free to add me to your list, if you like. Even the "Big Cheese" is a new facebooker too!

Sonny

I'll check it out. I have nieces and nephews - the next generation under me - who play around on facebook a lot. For the most part, I haven't seen much point, other than to see what they're up to and keep up with them. Lori uses it for that purpose too. I don't know much about it, but I'll look at your group anyway. Don't know that I want to put my life out there for Big Brother to so easliy watch.

• 4 months later...

Well, I just checked into the group, and we are up to 48 members even Don (The big cheese) is a member. Getting new members all the time, and I think it is bringing new members to this site as well, at least I hope it is. If you are a facebooker, and have not joined the group yet, please do! And please add me to your list as well!

Cheers!

Sonny

Been on Facebook about 5 months...Went on the check out by Granddaughters page...Keeping her honest....Told here Grandpa was watching..

Anyway...Just joined the group...Do not check my page that much, but I'll go along with the Group...

George In Virginia... :cool10:

Hey Sonny,

I checked out the Facebook Link and it appears as if it is for you Second Gen. Riders!

I have a page on facebook with all of my bikes on there as well as a few of my cars and was looking forward to joining your club but I didn't see any First Gens. on the site.

What's up with that?:sign just kidding:

Earl

Hey Sonny,

I checked out the Facebook Link and it appears as if it is for you Second Gen. Riders!

I have a page on facebook with all of my bikes on there as well as a few of my cars and was looking forward to joining your club but I didn't see any First Gens. on the site.

What's up with that?:sign just kidding:

Earl

The group is not for 2nd gens or 1st gens, it is a general Yamaha Venture owner and fan group. The only reason I made one is because there wasn't one. There was one for the Venture snowmobile, but not the motorcycle. If you join, put some 2nd gen pics in the album!! (actually I just checked, and there are a few already) The title is as clear as I could make it,

Yamaha Royal Star Venture and Tour Deluxe Fans, and Owners

no mention of 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd gens (they are coming right?)

Anyways, it is just a small group, that links back to this site, which we all belong to.

Cheers!!

Sonny