IGNORED

New Bike(not Venture tho)

sleepy2

finally got the new bike on the road today.Between banks/insurance etc. As some of you know from Marcarl's birthday bash it is a 2000 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1600cc. It isn't a first gen but it will do for now. Not sure what I will be doing with my 87 yet.

Pegscraper---measured risers and the originals were 1-1/2"from tripplle tree to center of handlebar and new ones are 4-1/2''.

BradT--No I haven't got a hitch YET but will either be a homemade winter project or might even buy one(seen one advertised)

Went on first ride today. Port Dover with wife and buddy and wife. Just got back around 10:30pm.

Not as comfortable a ride as old bike and also alot LOUDER with Vance & Hines exhaust.

I have a hitch off my 03 Roadstar Silverado, It's a hitchdoc hitch.

and a Dyna 3000 module

and the taller passenger bar

and a Lindby crash bar

and a set of factory seats.....

I got a lot of stuff laying around.

YOU REPLACED A 1st Gen with that???? Just kidding. Nice Scoot. I saw cecdoo in here. he is sitting there shaking his head at that statement. Its not about what you ride but that you ride and I been doing very little of that last two yrs. About to cure that with start at Asheville. Wait and see!!

I had a RoadStar before the Venture.

Great Bike!!

I think that V-twin is an excellent engine.

I have a Solo seat and rails for a RoadStar like yours and I would make someone a good deal if they would be interested. All are like new.

Appreciate letting the other RoadStar owners know if you are talking bikes someday to them someday.

Anyway, enjoy your new bike!

A hitch is in the plans. But price and shipping will be the part which will decide if I buy or make one.Any idea what you would want and how much to ship to postal code N4S 8T9 Ontario Canada?

It looks like shipping would run about 50 bux.

The hitch sells for 260 on Hitchdoc, I'd like to get half of that.

So figger about 180 shipped. It's big and chromed.

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow for ya.

• 2 weeks later...

Have PM'd you but no reply--figured you might be away.Was wondering if you were able to get pictures of hitch for Road star for me,and how are they attached(bottom of saddlebags??)Am interested!!!!Is it chrome/painted or powder coated? Also how high is the backrest(pass) and how much?

Sorry about not replying earlier, I forgot all about this.

Here's the pics.

There were 2 backrests offered for the Roadstar. The one they put on the bikes was the short one and did little more then hold the passenger on the bike. It is too short to lean back into. I know my pillion was much happier after I installed the taller backrest. She could lean back and enjoy the ride.

[ATTACH]20607[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]20608[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]20609[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]20610[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]20611[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]20612[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...