IGNORED

115 mph and room to go further...

Guest JGorom

Oh wow, seriously?! 1st gear to 40-45 MPH?!?! Geesus, I don't think I've taken it up to there in first.. I always thought I was over killing the engine (so used to V-Twins)

I'll be out for a boot and skoot tonight and will give it a try to see if I can reach the rev limiter..

I should also check see if the previous owner had a Dyna3000 in there too.. It's not that I'm afraid of taking the bike up to speed but simply not used to the 4 cylinder noises.. ; )

Thanks again for the info!

Real life experience, indicated, 1st and 2nd gear. Rev limiter kicks in @ 42 in 1st, 68 in 2nd.

Unfortunately, the on ramp ended and I was right next to a semi so I had to back it down. :Bunny:

My brother took a pic of his speedo on his HHR and thru the windsheild at the same time of a 1st Gen going away from him. Speedo was sitting on 105 and 1st Gen was leaving!!!

IDIOT showed it to the warden... She was not happy!!

Yea, I wonder who that was Dan?!:whistling:

HMMMM you should harness some of that speed for good instead of evil and put it into distance so we could see you down at Venture west in a few days. :backinmyday:LOL!

Everyone s from CA is going to miss you this year.

Brian

Hey Brian.... dang... I really am disappointed that we're not going to make it. I know I don't need to explain why but..... a few weeks ago (or was it months? LOL) we had a "mini-holiday" and wound up over-spending (or was that "getting over-served"? lol) which kinda diminished our holiday fund we'd been reserving for the Los Osos get together. Before that, we had some additional expenses associated to our truck being stolen (not a lot but with one thing and the other, by the end of it all, it adds up) So we reluctantly cut that short and decided to only go as far as Florence, Oregon and spend some time at the dunes and a few other places along the way...then go over to Vancouver Island for a bit. Well, now that's been cut (Florence) too coz our computer (7 yrs old) finally packed it in and we had to go out and use more of our holiday funds to replace it. geeeeeesshhhhhh if it isn't one thing, it's another eh? :crying: So, now we're down to Vancouver Island and Okanagan areas only coz we both have relatives in those areas so accommodations won't cost us anything LOL Oh well... such is life eh! NEXT YEAR is just around the corner! Then again, the lotto is up to 36 million for Sat night so all of this might well change dramatically!!! :D

Rev limiter on mine (non corrected speedo) as follows

1 - 40 - 45

2 - 60

3 - 80

4 - somewhere over 110 haven't hit it yet

5 - way way faster than I can get this thing going

THird gear should be higher than 80. I think mine was just over 90 mph according to the GPS. This would be close to 100 on speedo

Brad

THird gear should be higher than 80. I think mine was just over 90 mph according to the GPS. This would be close to 100 on speedo

Brad

Well what ever it was, I didn't see it as I was too busy GRINNING myself stoopid as I hit the rev limiter through the gears..

Now you'll have to forgive me as I had to test this out this past evening.. I came onto the highway via on-ramp and dropped the hammer and wasn't going to let go until I either felt the rev limiter or I blew the engine.. fun huh?

Whereas in the past I thought the bike was peppy and super fast, well me son, lemme tell you that when you REALLY hit the powerband on this puppy, the darn machine gets some ripe excited..

I think I actually scared myself when I sailed through the gears and hit the rev-limiter just before shifting.. what a kick in the pants it is.. wow..

yeah so.. the best I can say is that first gear limits at around 40 and 2nd around 60 and after that it's a blur..

Talk about feeling tingly after that...

I hope I didn't scare the crotch rocket kids as I blew their decals of the bikes ; )

w0000t

:thumbsup2:

Pretty soon you'll learn just exactly where to shift so you get the most out of it and don't have to hit the limiter!!

I got it figured out now.. hehe.. JUST before it sounds like it will explode SHIFT GEARS!!! hehehe.. anyway that's what it sounds like to me.. but man when you hammer through the gears it's like the double tap of a Voodoo's J79 Afterburners kicking in (we flew them until the mid 80's)..

whoa.. im-freaking-pressive!!!! =)

Yeh the crotch rocket kids get a bit confused when you blow by them like that

sitting upright and comfortable with the music blasting.

Well that was the funny part today as well.. the crotch rocket kid coming off the ramp behind me to get on the highway peeled out to the left to go around 'grampa on the geezer glide' but all he got was some Armin VanBurren in his face as I dropped the hammer and cranked the tunes LOLOL...

When I pulled in at the next Timmies up the road he pulled in after me to see what I had under the hood and where the nitrous was hidden.. LOL.. I'm pretty sure he could have taken me with his bike but I believe it was the sheer surprise of it all that caught him off guard LOL..

This is now a dangerous toy.. I need to get back to the rolling couch mode for a while.. until caution takes more precendence over stupidity hehe.. (I'm actually getting an adrenalin rush the past couple of days.. wow.. )

Dayum.. this is some fun bike!!

This is now a dangerous toy.. I need to get back to the rolling couch mode for a while.. until caution takes more precendence over stupidity hehe.. (I'm actually getting an adrenalin rush the past couple of days.. wow.. )

Dayum.. this is some fun bike!!

Know the feeling. I have to put myself on restriction from the bike when I get that way.