IGNORED

Back from Denver 1 major equip failure

Bubber

Well I rolled in to the homestead at 10:00PM last night with 15 hours on the bike (not counting gas breaks and eating). Pulled a trailer from North Branch MN to Denver then up to the Black Hill of North Dakota then over across the plans to Home.

I met Daryle and his nice wife in Larchwood Iowa on the way out and I met BigJohn in Denver. On the way home I met OB-1 and his nice wife up in Sundance Wy, We all went out to dinner together and shot the BS. All were VERY nice people and all love bikes and especialy Ventures. So whats not to like?????

I spent a day hacking around the Black Hills, saw Mount Rushmore, drove the canyon (not to miss) but unfortunatly didn't get to the Neddles canyon and where ever the buffalo are. Sorry I didn't call OB-1 to go for a ride for the day but I just hacked around locally and was going here and there without a real plan.

I was fortunate that I never really hit rain on the way out or on the way back, some sprinkles but no out and out rain. Well I take that back, while I was visiting with Daryle and his wife I rained like cats and dogs but since I was visiting and indoors I didn't count that. It cleared and I was able to get another 100 miles on before calling it a day.

All the way out and all the way back no matter who I talked to, biker, shop keeper, cagers, cashiers they were all just great, friendly and polite. EXCEPT the one cashier in Cheyene WY that had a personality of of a cornered bobcat with someone poking it with a stick. I finally had enough of her being rude to all the customers ahead of me and when she pulled that crap on me I told her she needed to get a personality. As I walked away I mumbled to myself what a B!tch, I thought I heard from behind " I heard that". While I hope she did mabey she will get a handle on waiting on people. Yes I know it can be a SOB dealing with people all day but she needed to treat people a whloe lot better.

OH YA! the equipment failure....... Well.... when I was in Nebraska getting lost I noticed that my rear tire was looking thin so when I got to Denver I had it replaced at Coyote Yamaha. they put on a Dunlope 404 and the bonus was the whine from the original tire disapeared to. But that wasn't the failure........ the failure was while in the Black hills I had to use my Strebel horn on a cager. Well it sounded ok for a split second or so then it sounded like it was being strangled (and still does) I havn't used it much and am diasapointed that a failure of this type occurs after a less than 10 seconds total use.

So thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

I am spending the day recovering from yesterdays ride.

Good to be back and safe riding to all who are on the road.

Bubber

aka Steve Stelter

I'll have to check out both of the possibilities.

I was thinking it was the relay too. But since I am electrically challenged it was a SWAG (silly wild a$$ guess).

One of the things on my to do list.

Thanks for the replies.

Steve

Well I rolled in to the homestead at 10:00PM last night with 15 hours on the bike (not counting gas breaks and eating). Pulled a trailer from North Branch MN to Denver then up to the Black Hill of North Dakota then over across the plans to Home.

I met Daryle and his nice wife in Larchwood Iowa on the way out and I met BigJohn in Denver. On the way home I met OB-1 and his nice wife up in Sundance Wy, We all went out to dinner together and shot the BS. All were VERY nice people and all love bikes and especialy Ventures. So whats not to like?????

I spent a day hacking around the Black Hills, saw Mount Rushmore, drove the canyon (not to miss) but unfortunatly didn't get to the Neddles canyon and where ever the buffalo are. Sorry I didn't call OB-1 to go for a ride for the day but I just hacked around locally and was going here and there without a real plan.

I was fortunate that I never really hit rain on the way out or on the way back, some sprinkles but no out and out rain. Well I take that back, while I was visiting with Daryle and his wife I rained like cats and dogs but since I was visiting and indoors I didn't count that. It cleared and I was able to get another 100 miles on before calling it a day.

All the way out and all the way back no matter who I talked to, biker, shop keeper, cagers, cashiers they were all just great, friendly and polite. EXCEPT the one cashier in Cheyene WY that had a personality of of a cornered bobcat with someone poking it with a stick. I finally had enough of her being rude to all the customers ahead of me and when she pulled that crap on me I told her she needed to get a personality. As I walked away I mumbled to myself what a B!tch, I thought I heard from behind " I heard that". While I hope she did mabey she will get a handle on waiting on people. Yes I know it can be a SOB dealing with people all day but she needed to treat people a whloe lot better.

OH YA! the equipment failure....... Well.... when I was in Nebraska getting lost I noticed that my rear tire was looking thin so when I got to Denver I had it replaced at Coyote Yamaha. they put on a Dunlope 404 and the bonus was the whine from the original tire disapeared to. But that wasn't the failure........ the failure was while in the Black hills I had to use my Strebel horn on a cager. Well it sounded ok for a split second or so then it sounded like it was being strangled (and still does) I havn't used it much and am diasapointed that a failure of this type occurs after a less than 10 seconds total use.

So thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

I am spending the day recovering from yesterdays ride.

Good to be back and safe riding to all who are on the road.

Bubber

aka Steve Stelter

Now, she did that to me, I'd drag her outside and ***** slap her into next Tuesday

:2133::innocent-emoticon::stickpoke:

Guest BigJohnD

Great that you made it back in one piece. If you are like me...I am not the same for a week after getting home...it feels like I should still be out on the road.

Like I said...you are welcome any time. You need anything out this way, just let me know.

As I read your story and you came to the girlie\cashier part, I figured her to be somewhat good looking, although you didn't say, and when the lack of personality came through, that is when you suffered equipment failure. Glad it was just your horn and not something more serious.

As I read your story and you came to the girlie\cashier part, I figured her to be somewhat good looking, although you didn't say, and when the lack of personality came through, that is when you suffered equipment failure. Glad it was just your horn and not something more serious.

Well you would be wrong on those two counts....LOL

She was not good looking and my "horn" didn't fail there ....LOL. But thanks for asking.

I threw the horn failure in to match the title. If that is all that ever went wrong then I am one lucky son of a gun.

Side note: when I got home I decided to check my oil because I had a drip from the plug when I left. I kept checking every day and all was well. So when I got home I was going to drain the oil and find out what gives. I went to clean off the oil plug and it was finger tight. My heart sunk a little knowing that I could of had a real big problem. Oil had 2500 miles but I figured I better change it. them were some really hot long days out on the road and hard on my baby. New oil filter and drain plug crush washer.

All is good. Ready to rock and roll.

Steve

Edited by Bubber

Now, she did that to me, I'd drag her outside and ***** slap her into next Tuesday

:2133::innocent-emoticon::stickpoke:

Can't do that every bad apple you meet. She just made everyone else I met so much better. Besides very seldom does a leopard change his spots or was that stripes?

When I went throw Sturgis on the way back (a week before the rally), that whole area out there for the matter, all the people were the friendliest and most polite to their customers I had ever experienced. That says a lot for the Black Hills area. Great place, great people, great fun. The actually are glad you came and want you back. What a concept, getting people to like it there so they come back. I think I hit on something here! LOL!