IGNORED

newfoundland

wild hair 39

is the roads open,from aug the 11 after ashville,and before aug 29 P I P,been wanting to make it up there for over 25 yrs,this mite be the right time,what is the weather like,do i need to pack for cooler weather,say below 50 deg.

voy will have new,tires,drive shaft,new oil ,fluides,what the camping like,this will have to be a thrifty,RIDE

:think::97::draming::stirthepot:

Lowell: Not sure what you mean about the roads open? We (TFD69,Marion Relic and Dianne)just got back from a 21 day trip that included 9 days in Newfoundland. There are no roads that I know of that close that would limit a trip to Newfoundland at any time?We had great weather that was hot at times but my advice to you is to pack warm clothes as it is normally cool at that time of year(60 and below at night)After we get organized and back to normal I think TFD69 and I will post pics of our trip. Too many things to do at home for now. You will love Newfoundland. It is worth the trip.

Take care: Relic

Lowell: Not sure what you mean about the roads open? We (TFD69,Marion Relic and Dianne)just got back from a 21 day trip that included 9 days in Newfoundland. There are no roads that I know of that close that would limit a trip to Newfoundland at any time?We had great weather that was hot at times but my advice to you is to pack warm clothes as it is normally cool at that time of year(60 and below at night)After we get organized and back to normal I think TFD69 and I will post pics of our trip. Too many things to do at home for now. You will love Newfoundland. It is worth the trip.

Take care: Relic

roads open,just a figure of speach,won't have any thhing planed,from aug the 11 to the 28

You will enjoy that ride Lowell! Take time to talk to folks in the real small communities....you should both get a real laugh at each others accents! The folks are very very friendly there and pretty low key. Thats the smaller communities anyway.

As mentioned clothing to fit riding in a coastal climate....cool at nights with possible fog in the AM's.

Guest BluesLover

Lowell - the only "road" that may not be open would be the one that takes you across to the island, in other words, check the ferry schedules (I believe that there are 2 different options to get there, and one of them is an "overnighter".

And, by the way, I'm jealous!!! I'm supposed to be there on business in September and am hoping to take a few extra days and rent a bike,

Cheers,

Hey Lowell make sure you give me a heads up before you get here so I can go dig up some clams and getcha a coupla Maine Crawfish...Ours have some meat in em and we don't hafta douse ours with chili powder to give em some flava... Just dip em in Buttuh.. we'll have some real steamahs, not those Hooters steamahs

BTW if you found Waldo on your GPS it probably pointin you at the old Railroad Station... Well a mile before that you come to a 4 corners and I'm right there.. Corner of Rtes 7 & 131 aka the Moosehead Trail... I got a guest bedroom and your welcome to stay as long as you like... Lookin forward to seein ya again.

Hi Lowell

if you were talking to my wife Sherry at the international meet, she is from "Newfoundland. we will be at Ashville so you can ask her lots of questions of what to see and where to go.

the highways are all paved, two lanes each way and in great shape. the towns the roads are paved also and most are in good shape.

the people are very freindly and make you feel welcome.

a favorite ride i like to do is around an area called Port aux Port.

there are campgrounds all around the island.

the ferry runs year round and it takes 6 hours for the short run to the south west and 18 hours for the long run to the south east corner of the island. i would definetely look into making ferry reservations. (Marine Atlantic 1-800-341 7981)

Cheers, Scott

Being from Newfoundland but living away from home for the last 21 years, I have to say something to promote my island. We took a short trip last year from Port aux Basques(home town) to Gander and back. It took us four days, all the time we could spare, with a tour around the Gander loop for sight seeing. Great views where ever you look, moose, caribou and of course lots ice bergs. A couple of suggestions though when riding the rock, slow down for it is moose country and I mean the whole island. If it rains and it probably will at some point watch for the water ruts, this is where I recommend driving in the center of your lane. But most of all do stop and strike up a conversation with the locals, they don't bite and don't be surprised if you are invited back for a mug up(lunch). Enjoy the ride.

Hey Lowell make sure you give me a heads up before you get here so I can go dig up some clams and getcha a coupla Maine Crawfish...Ours have some meat in em and we don't hafta douse ours with chili powder to give em some flava... Just dip em in Buttuh.. we'll have some real steamahs, not those Hooters steamahs

BTW if you found Waldo on your GPS it probably pointin you at the old Railroad Station... Well a mile before that you come to a 4 corners and I'm right there.. Corner of Rtes 7 & 131 aka the Moosehead Trail... I got a guest bedroom and your welcome to stay as long as you like... Lookin forward to seein ya again.

no need to dig up clams or crawfish,i can't eat fish,been that way most of my life,but beans & ????? will do

Hi Lowell

if you were talking to my wife Sherry at the international meet, she is from "Newfoundland. we will be at Ashville so you can ask her lots of questions of what to see and where to go.

the highways are all paved, two lanes each way and in great shape. the towns the roads are paved also and most are in good shape.

the people are very freindly and make you feel welcome.

a favorite ride i like to do is around an area called Port aux Port.

there are campgrounds all around the island.

the ferry runs year round and it takes 6 hours for the short run to the south west and 18 hours for the long run to the south east corner of the island. i would definetely look into making ferry reservations. (Marine Atlantic 1-800-341 7981)

Cheers, Scott

hope to be there,camping out

no need to dig up clams or crawfish,i can't eat fish,been that way most of my life,but beans & ????? will do

Baked Beans... That's my favorite vegetable... Are you stopping into the Venturers Ride-in in NY? Cuz I could meet you there and show you around through Vermont & NH up here to the house... then I could ride with you up to the border.. STELLA!!! I coulda been a Tour Guide..

Baked Beans... That's my favorite vegetable... Are you stopping into the Venturers Ride-in in NY? Cuz I could meet you there and show you around through Vermont & NH up here to the house... then I could ride with you up to the border.. STELLA!!! I coulda been a Tour Guide..

i hope so, will b camping out,my mame is on the list