IGNORED

XM and Sirius Merger Approved

Freebird

This took a long time but it looks like they finally got the approval. Only time will tell if it ends up being a good thing or bad thing for the consumer. Now I wish I hadn't switched to Sirius. I understand that soon now you will be able to pick your own programming from each one...build your own favorite channels. I have actually enjoyed the Sirius programming more than XM but I liked XM equipment better.

This took a long time but it looks like they finally got the approval. Only time will tell if it ends up being a good thing or bad thing for the consumer. Now I wish I hadn't switched to Sirius. I understand that soon now you will be able to pick your own programming from each one...build your own favorite channels. I have actually enjoyed the Sirius programming more than XM but I liked XM equipment better.

Don,

What Sirius programs do you like? Just curious. I have XM so I don't know what Sirius offers.

The current radios are NOT capable of getting the programing from other provider(read more money from us), so the ala cart service will only be for either XM or Sirius. Once the merger is approved and in writing the radio manufactures are going to build radios that will receive both signals and then you will be able to choose from both providers. According to what I read on the deal the radios could be available around Christmas. Go figure.

I'm holding off getting my GXM-30 for the Zumo because I'm hoping they come out with one that will receive both. No since paying up front now, then having to do it all over again.

I was reading that you would need a new radio if you want to pick and choose what you pay for. Other wise you can get either xm or sirius stations on your current radio. The XM equipment is better. I never had a problem with it but this sirius radio is junk. It won't receive half the time under a clear sky much less go under some trees or something.

Personally, I've never had a problem with my Sirius reciever picking up a signal, it even worked going through tunnels. It will however pick up XM over Sirius if there is another truck with XM nearby. It also picks up local stations over Sirius broadcasts in some areas so that I have to change the channel on my FM so I keep getting the right signal. it would be nice if they come out with an adapter of some kind instead of having to buy new equipment though.........Don

Since I got my Zumo and added a 4Gig card for music, I think when my XM subs runs out I will not renew,, I'll take the money I would have spent and buy my wife a good MP3 player and dock for her car and be done with it.

C & P from XM website .

http://www.xmradio.com/merger/index.xmc

There's never been a better time to be an XM subscriber. Any radios or other equipment that subscribers currently use will be fully supported by XM for many years to come, and existing radios will be able to receive a mix of programming from both services.

Only time will tell :think:

BEER30

Edited by BEER30