IGNORED

***** Best way to clean a K & N air filter

CAZCO

Hey,

How does one go about cleaning a K&N air filter without buying their cleaning kit?

They say not to use gas, oil, kerosene, tranny fluid, ETC..

Someone said awhile back to use mineral oil to dampen the filter, but didn't mention what he used to clean it.

Got one coming due shortly

Thankx

Gary C

My suggestion is to buy the kit. I don't have them on my bike yet, but I do and have had them on several trucks.

There may be cleaners and oil out there that you can use, but I would not recommend it. On truck air filters you get 2 cleanings out of a kit. You should get the same on a set of filters.

I believe the oil has to be thin enough to trap dust, but still let the air through at high levels. It also has to last for that 50,000 miles between cleaning. If you wait that long. One kit should last you for several years.

K+N 's are the greatest...

Hey,

How does one go about cleaning a K&N air filter without buying their cleaning kit?

I remember reading this a while back so I re-searched to find it for you...

K&N Air Filter Cleaner is the only cleaner formulated to clean K&N Filtercharger elements. The use of any other cleaning solution can void the filter's warranty, and quite possibly could damage the cotton material.

I found it here on this site..

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=25&manufacturer_ID=143&product_ID=10631&sblid_name=K_N_Products_Cleaner_and_Degreaser______oz_Squirt_Bottle