IGNORED

Best pipes to get?

jkt69

Thoughts on the best pipes to get for a more throaty sound? What are these slipons I get running across on the internet?

I don't want a LOUD bike, but I do want a nice sounding, nice idling, can hear it when you get on it sound.

I drilled out the end of my pipes and removed the baffles, I love it, and have had many compliments. If you go to vstar1100.com and follow the instructions for the 1100, it is so easy. It took me about 45 mins to complete both sides. Cheap too.

Miike Allen

I put on the HD Road King muffs drilled out to "stage one". They sound good imo. Good rumble but not too loud. Total cost including Squidly's brackets about $100 and I've still got my stockers in case I ever want to reinstall them. Do a search on "Road King mufflers" in the tech section to learn more. -Jack

Agree Harley's are okay even not bored out, just a tad deeper sound. THen you can drill them so it is just a tad louder, but if you want nice sound the Bubs are my favorite but these can geta little loud, if your on it.

Brad

I put the BUBS on mine a couple weeks ago, and I still cannot decide if I like them. They are a bit louder, but (to me) they make the bike sound like a car. An old 60s car. It's hard to explain, but I think I don't like them. Instead of a deep rumble, I get a kind of idling hemi sound. At any rate, BUBS (I think) make the bike sound like a V4 . . . car.

I wouldn't waste your time drilling out stock yamaha mufflers. Ever heard a mouse fart in a coffee can?

Get some Roadking mufflers if you just want a little deeper, but not louder.

Get Bub's if you want a little deeper and a little louder.

Get Baron's if you want a lot of deeper and a lot of louder!!!!!

I have the Baron's bag pipes. Friggin' loud. Sounds mean revved up. I passes a buddy of mine one day while he was in his pickup on the highway. He said it sounded like a small block chevy with straight pipes that went flying by him. I was running around 100 mph. :cool17: