IGNORED

Right Side Lean Stand Modification

I get a lot of curious looks and inquiries about this custom feature on my 87VR. I wish I could take credit for this but this unique feature was already installed when I got the bike. It is a very, very handy feature to have when you pull up some where to park and the ground is leaning the wrong way. I don't know about you but, my greatest fear riding an 87VR is not the speed or the weight, it's haveing it fall over on the lean stand then having to ask for help to pick it up.

I've also had some fun with it when I'm at an event and I back into a row of left leaning custom bikes with my unremarkable 87VR then lean it to the right. I love to watch the crowd walk by and ignore the custom bikes and focus on my right side leaning bike.:whistling:

Not just because its different, (and that is reason enuff) but because I am having my left hip redone and putting all my weight (and there is more there than there should be, lol) on that leg to swing my right leg over the bike gets painful somedays. That right Sidestand would solve a lot of my issues with getting on and off the bike.....hmmmmm

Brian

I get a lot of curious looks and inquiries about this custom feature on my 87VR. I wish I could take credit for this but this unique feature was already installed when I got the bike. It is a very, very handy feature to have when you pull up some where to park and the ground is leaning the wrong way. I don't know about you but, my greatest fear riding an 87VR is not the speed or the weight, it's haveing it fall over on the lean stand then having to ask for help to pick it up.

I've also had some fun with it when I'm at an event and I back into a row of left leaning custom bikes with my unremarkable 87VR then lean it to the right. I love to watch the crowd walk by and ignore the custom bikes and focus on my right side leaning bike.:whistling:

If thats your greatest fear then you should catch one of Carol "Skirt" Skircowski's demonstrations on how to pictck up a fallen bike. carol is all of 5ft.4 and maybe 100lbs but she can pick up any bike ever made. Caorl taught herself a fool proof way of getting a downed bike back up on two wheels. if a method she originally taught women but anyone can use it and it works. Carol gives demo at rallyes all over the country. You should catch her if she's ever at a rallye . better yet we should invitwe her to one of ours. :pushups: