IGNORED

raising passenger seat

janjan22

RSV 2002 but with 2007 seats. My problem is I am too short and cannot see over or around my husband. Does anyone have any ideas to raise the passenger seat? Most of the advise I get is ride my own. I have been a passenger for over 30 years and just got my license this year. My little Honda 250 is just a get around. Maybe next year I will get my big bike. In the mean time, any ideas for raising the seat?

This is my first post, so hope put it in the right forum!!!

jj

Your first post, eh? Welcome aboard. The rear seat sets on the rear fender with rubber bumpers. There's no real good way to raise it. I could wish both seats were made adjustable. Nobody sits in the exact same place on the bike. There are various kinds of pads around. Maybe you could find a foam pad or an air pad and sit on it to lift yourself up a bit?

The down side to that is wind drag, the passager, gets all the wind and rain.

I'm 6'4", but long in the legs, my wife is 5'0" and sits higher then me on the 07, she always complains about the wind.

Yes, Its easyer to get Pads for the seat, then try to raise the seat.

You can see here in this picture, she always gets the rain run off, over the windsheild

Your first post, eh? Welcome aboard. The rear seat sets on the rear fender with rubber bumpers. There's no real good way to raise it. I could wish both seats were made adjustable. Nobody sits in the exact same place on the bike. There are various kinds of pads around. Maybe you could find a foam pad or an air pad and sit on it to lift yourself up a bit?

Peg - OH Sure ... One ride and now you are a 2nd Gen expert.:smile5:

Couldn't resist. You did a really good thing for Bummer.

RR

Well, my bike's the same way in that regard. Lori wishes the rear seat were adjustable for height too. I'm on the tall side and she's just enough shorter than me that she stares right into the back of my helmet. That must be about like driving behind a semi. Which is why she likes to ride her own bike. I miss her when she's not on mine with me though.

Edited by pegscraper

Well, my bike's the same way in that regard. Lori wishes the rear seat were adjustable for height too. I'm on the tall side and she's just enough shorter than me that she stares right into the back of my helmet. That must be about like driving behind a semi. Which is why she likes to ride her own bike. I miss her when she's not on mine with me though.

Darn nice picture ya got on that post, Peg!!:big-grin-emoticon:

BTW, I agree...real great thing you did for Bummer. When I read all that I had to wonder why you went to Canada in your car this time instead of on the bike. And then I realized..... HE had it all planned, knowing that Bummer would need your help.

It's great to be right in the middle of one of His plans, isn't it?

Joe

• 3 weeks later...