IGNORED

I Know it wasn't nice of me but . . .

AKRefugee

Went out for a burger yesterday evening and on the way home had a "little fun" with some young bucks on sports bikes. I was cruising along about 65 mph (in fifth gear) when these two guys pulled up along side me. They both looked over at me and started doing these little speed burst and slow downs. They did this about 3 times and then hunched over their tanks and took off. I let them get about 500 to 600 feet ahead than I sped up (still in fifth) to pull along side them. We were doing about 85 now. I ran along side them for a few seconds (in a comfortable upright position) nicely waved with my left hand, reach back dropped a gear and nailed it. In my mirror I could see them leaning over their tanks even more but to no avail. They were easily left behind. Later on I let them catch up to me on an off ramp and the look on their faces was priceless. When I took off this time they didn't even try to keep up.

Like I said I know it wasn't nice of me but I just couldn't resist :smile5:

They are fun to tease. Had a young joker on a crotch rocket squeeze in next to me at a stop light the other day. He was looking at me and cracking his throttle and smirking. Everytime he cracked his I'd give mine a twist and laugh. The left turn arrow went green and I gave mine a jump ahead about a foot. He shot though the intersection before he noticed ONLY the left turn arrow was green and not the through lane. He also failed to notice the police cruiser that was on his left side while he was looking at me. I was laughing so hard I almost killed my bike when the light changed.

They had him pulled over about 4 blocks away and I honked and gave him the thumbs up when I went by. I think he used a different finger for me. :smile5:

Poor loser. After all, I did beat him to the next light. LOL!

A couple of years ago I was in the left lane at an intersection when a another bike pulled up behind me. It was dark and I could not tell what kind of bike it was, but he kept revving the engine. When the light changed, I nailed it and swung over in the right lane. I guess about the time I shifted into 2nd, I was at about the 55mph speed limit and let off. The other biker went screaming by me. A couple of seconds later, a cop goes screaming by me. Seems the cop was close behind and saw everything, but evidently did not seem interested in me as I had leveled off at the speed limit. A ways up the road the cop had the other bike pulled over. I felt bad for him, but he also had the option of shutting down at 55 and he didn't.

I am just glad that I did.

RandyA

The look on the face of the guy whom I left behind while pulling the BEERCART !

For once this crotch rocket was putt-putting here in town . I calming passed him until we both came to a stoplight . He pulls beside me and starts the rev his scooter . I obliged him on the green and left him sniveling in his tracks .

BEER30

Greetings...

Excellent!

That's SO much fun isn't it!!....

I have a somewhat similar story: -

The 40 mile stretch of Hwy 50 between GJ and Delta -

It's rare that the last light going south at 32 road ISN'T green, but this day it wasn't - and the intersection was strangely deserted...

I pulled up to the abnormaly red light right behind a guy on a little rusty Kz 400, smiled, nodded to him, My very first bike was a KZ 400! Way back in the late 70's. Turned up the classic rock station on 107.9 FM so we could both enjoy the Golden Earring tune playing...

Two rich-kid youngsters on their brand new rice rockets pulled up in the right lane, nodded,revved up a few times, and then, another on a German machine, right behind me. It was one of those we don't have enough iron over the sensor to trip the light, so I waved the rice rockets over and yelled, "Hey Guys - it looks like we need to get a bit more metal over this here sensor, otherwise we'll all be here all day!" So we all got bunched up over the square cut in the pavement in the left lane, and finally managed to trip the signal after waiting for about a minute - according to the clock on the dash...

Sure enough the 3 youngsters boosted off at full power down the hill, and got about a mile ahead in a surprisingly well disciplined close 2X1 left-right formation. The older guy on the KZ took a left at Whitewater so he was out of the picture by the time I hit the speed-checked-by-aircraft zone. , I topped the hill looking over Kannah creek, doing the speed limit - 65mph - My New Ebay radar detector showed NO electronic emmisions, a quick visual glance showed no state sponcered-gestapo Sin-tax-collector troopers lying in ambush at Pronghorn, and the youngsters were just topping the hill on the other side of the valley - maybe a mile ahead of me. So I goosed The Tersiphone, and as expected, she tried to leap out from underneath me, my Julie-Dew tassles flapping in the wind...

I caught them near the base of County line hill a few miles later, the climb had reduced them to about 65mph, Mind you - Your typical 4 cylinder cage can't usually do more than 55mph up county line even fully juiced and down shifted, and usually ends up at 45mph by the time they reach the top. Tractor trailors are even slower! But there was no one else on the road for as far as I could see by the time I reached the top...

I flew past them at 85mph about half way up the mile long hill, AND accellerating. Radio blaring - I had just installed some L.A. Sound 75 watt speakers, that I found new at a local pawn shop for $20, which easily handle full volume of the stock Venture Amp without distortion. Passing them in the passing lane, just as the Devil was playing his violin solo. I couldn't have asked for more perfect timimg from Ol' Scratch - Lucy himself...

Flashed them a high left hand 'V' for Venture sign as I climbed the hill. They - all hunched over their tiny little wind deflectors, right elbows straight down, Me, my roll-your-own cigarette burning in the left corner of my mouth, smiling, reaching for my Aquafina bottle, taking a casual pull...

They dissapeared from my mirrors by the time I reached Fools Hill, (Dominquez Canyon). I slowed to 85mph, after all, while The Tersiphone is STILL a teenager (only 19 years old!), I don't like to push her TOO hard in the diving corners... I really don't know how fast she actually got on the down-hill flats between County line and Fools hills - I was too busy concentrating on staying in my lane and looking calm and cool to look at the speedo...

I pulled over at the Escelante Canyon rest stop, about another 10 miles down the road, just past the new gov'ment bird-flu farm, ('scuse me- avian influenza research facility - according to the sign) to roll another cigarette and took 4 nice, big, frosty Fosters out of the cooler bag on top the travel/helmet box. Sure enough, all three of the youngsters, pulled in about 3 minutes later, and I handed each of them a big blue, glistening, cold, sweaty, oil can, with a smile...

:guitarist 2:

"Well, Boys - this here's a 1989 1st Generation Yamaha Venture Royale - probably older than you are! No commercialy manufactured machine before or since can match her on the open road. So Don't even bother blowing your muffler baffles trying! Here- Have a frosty cold one on me, and don't forget to toast well engineered Japanese mechanical excellence. She can't do wheelies and stoppies like you boys, but then - that's not her style.

- Oh Hell! You're all probably too young to appreciate anything but HER shear power, speed, comfort, and beauty anyway...

'Cept maybe that Beamer there.

By the way, any of you boys know how to do a carb sync? No? Well, she's really NOT in tip-top shape yet - I'm still working on her..." LOL!!

(for some reason, I've got a weird nasty thing for BMW's! After I helped a friend build one from parts many years ago down in the Florida keys- and I just couldn't resist the dig...)

They took off their helmets, put them on their mirrors, tossed their gloves on their keys, took off their expensive leather jackets, and all raised their cans to toast the meanest machine.

- After all - She earned it!

Anyway, we sat there, listening to the music on the radidio, smoking hand-rolled cigarettes, swapping lies, and they made a few toasts - for about an hour and a half (according to the clock on the dash), enjoying the lowering, setting sun in the 100' high desert, discussing God, girls, the law, and the consequences of speeding, and drinking, before shaking hands, exchanging our known-as', wishing each other good fortune and safe-careful-active-response-able-offensive riding and going our seperate ways...

- In that order...

-

I think The IKV Tersiphone actually made an impression on those fine young men...

- Respect for your Elders?...

LMAO!!

:scared: -- > :bowdown: - :Cool_cool36:

"They shall look apon me, with wonder at the glory of God..."

Edited by Kandaje

They are fun to tease. Had a young joker on a crotch rocket squeeze in next to me at a stop light the other day. He was looking at me and cracking his throttle and smirking. Everytime he cracked his I'd give mine a twist and laugh. The left turn arrow went green and I gave mine a jump ahead about a foot. He shot though the intersection before he noticed ONLY the left turn arrow was green and not the through lane. He also failed to notice the police cruiser that was on his left side while he was looking at me. I was laughing so hard I almost killed my bike when the light changed.

They had him pulled over about 4 blocks away and I honked and gave him the thumbs up when I went by. I think he used a different finger for me. :smile5:

Poor loser. After all, I did beat him to the next light. LOL!

You've got to pick the time and place to prove your point...Your story is funny until its realized that you could have provoked that kid into killing himself....the best part of the story is no car turned left in front of that kid...after that the story is hilarious

Hummm....

Provoking a bad situation......

1. Who squeezed into my lane to get to the front of the traffic?

2. Who was jazzing their bike and smirking? (provoking?)

3. Who was not paying attention to the traffice signals?

4. Who was not paying attention to surrounding traffic?

5. And who didn't even notice the LEO idling next to him?

6. Oh yeah, who was wearing sandles, shorts and a wife beater?

First of all if I was responsible for every idiot out there I'd have to retire and work full time to protect them, not to mention hire a sizable crew to patrol the streets of my city.

We would still be severy outnumbered. And I'm damn sure the rewards of that career would be minimal at best. I'm a firm believer in "Stupidity Should Be Painful" and those who choose to try to earn a Darwin Award have my full support. I'll even write the nomination.

If I had just given this moron the old "WTF" the result would have probably been the same. He chose to engage the clutch before engaging the brain. He failed to engage the brain when he picked out his riding gear.

Sorry if I cry not because he might have lost some skin off the top of his foot when he shifted into second gear. I hope it was painful. I hope he crys when he pays his ticket(s) and I hope maybe, just maybe he will lose his licence. One down, how many to go?

Idiots like him are the reason that there are warning labels on curling irons that say "Not For Internal Use" and labels on frozen pizza that say "Cook Before Serving". In this case I'd be saying plug it in, have a seat and chow down lil buddy.

So the next time I'm sitting at a traffic light in the middle of my lane, on a full dress tour bike, wearing boots, jeans, leather jacket, leather gloves, sun glasses and a helmet, and another moron shows up I'll give your comment some thought. Should I smack him in the head to keep him from proving his mental prowness, or let him be what he is and prove it?

Hell, I'd let him prove it. Ya can't save them all.

Provoking thought for the day.:stickpoke::think:

You are soooo right, Snaggletooth,

That is why I quit the computer repair business, even there you have too many morons, but I would join your "Protection corps". If they want to be stupid, let them.

Hummm....

Provoking a bad situation......

1. Who squeezed into my lane to get to the front of the traffic?

2. Who was jazzing their bike and smirking? (provoking?)

3. Who was not paying attention to the traffice signals?

4. Who was not paying attention to surrounding traffic?

5. And who didn't even notice the LEO idling next to him?

6. Oh yeah, who was wearing sandles, shorts and a wife beater?

First of all if I was responsible for every idiot out there I'd have to retire and work full time to protect them, not to mention hire a sizable crew to patrol the streets of my city.

We would still be severy outnumbered. And I'm damn sure the rewards of that career would be minimal at best. I'm a firm believer in "Stupidity Should Be Painful" and those who choose to try to earn a Darwin Award have my full support. I'll even write the nomination.

If I had just given this moron the old "WTF" the result would have probably been the same. He chose to engage the clutch before engaging the brain. He failed to engage the brain when he picked out his riding gear.

Sorry if I cry not because he might have lost some skin off the top of his foot when he shifted into second gear. I hope it was painful. I hope he crys when he pays his ticket(s) and I hope maybe, just maybe he will lose his licence. One down, how many to go?

Idiots like him are the reason that there are warning labels on curling irons that say "Not For Internal Use" and labels on frozen pizza that say "Cook Before Serving". In this case I'd be saying plug it in, have a seat and chow down lil buddy.

So the next time I'm sitting at a traffic light in the middle of my lane, on a full dress tour bike, wearing boots, jeans, leather jacket, leather gloves, sun glasses and a helmet, and another moron shows up I'll give your comment some thought. Should I smack him in the head to keep him from proving his mental prowness, or let him be what he is and prove it?

Hell, I'd let him prove it. Ya can't save them all.

Provoking thought for the day.:stickpoke::think:

Snag...You made many good points that I cannot dispute...