IGNORED

Excellent Service at Long Island Yamaha, NY

Spyder

I don't usually have much time to post but I need to let you all know about Long Island Yamaha. Last month I was on a two week business trip in Long Island, New York. On Monday morning of the second week, as I left the motel for work, my 06 RSMV stopped running. I was pretty sure it was the fuel pump, having had a problem with it once before, at home in Pittsburgh.

I called the 800 number and was told that YamaMama would cover the first $50 in towing and $100 per day for trip interruption but they wanted me to tell them were to take it. After getting a ride to the office I looked on the internet for a dealer to call. I was 400 miles from home and needed to leave at the end of the week. I explained the situation to the service manager as well as my previous experiance and why I felt it was the fuel pump. He said he could take the bike but would not be able to look at it for a week.

I called another dealer and the guy that answered the phone said to bring it in and they would try to look at it the next day. It was their long day. BTW, the towing company said I had to be there to help load the bike on the tilt-bed. My wife had been waiting with the key but she couln'nt help load the bike. I got a ride back to the motel and waited an hour for the guy to show up. He said he usually just strapped the bikes down by the handle bars. I told him he couldn't do that and he just looked at me. Fortunately, I carry a set of slings just in case. So much for experienced motorcycle haulers.

Anyway, the bike was dropped of at about 2:30pm and Bill, the service manager said he would take a look at it and let me know. At 3:45 he called me to say it would be ready if I wanted to pick it up before 5:00. It was in fact the fuel pump. He had taken one off of the 08 that was on the showroom floor so I didn't have to wait for a new one from Yamaha. I cancelled the rental car I had just reserved and got a ride back to the dealer.

That is truly great customer service!

Long Island Kawasaki - Yamaha

67 North Broadway

Hicksville, NY 11801

516-935-6969

http://www.likawasaki.com/

You know that is where my bike came from and Ive heard nothing but good things about them. Out here on the East End of the Island none of them are worth a pound of salt. I wish Hicksville want such a trip for me but apparently worth it as none of them are any good out here.

That shop has been there for a long time.

I lived about a 2 miles from them till 06 when I relocated

Lived in Hicksville for 38 years

I know a few people who purchased from them and were happy.

When I go back to visit I keep them in mind...

BTW

How is the traffic on Broadway.

I don't miss that..

:255:

Ride Safe ....

You know that is where my bike came from and Ive heard nothing but good things about them. Out here on the East End of the Island none of them are worth a pound of salt. I wish Hicksville want such a trip for me but apparently worth it as none of them are any good out here.

I second that........when the time comes to replace my 05,I will be very hard pressed to get another RSV, as much as I love it because there is NO local dealer worth a plugged nickel. Hicksville is about an hour and a half from here.

The one I THOUGHT I had found actually told me that she 'really didn't have time to deal with the I basket issue' I had...it was all I could do not to tell her off.

I sent them the below email..

Greetings,

Hi, my name is Eck Nace, and I live in Huntsville, Al.

Now this may not mean much coming from someone way down here in the south, but my hat is off to you.

I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the customer service you provided to one of our members (Dave Williams).

Dave belongs to VentureRider.org, and so do I.

Dave posted on our web site how great you were in his time of need, in that you had taken a fuel pump off of the 08 that was on the showroom floor so he didn't have to wait for a new one from Yamaha..

Not sure this link will work for you, but hope it does so you can see the very kind words Dave has posted about you and your staff.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24645

I commend you on your customer service and hope more folks drop by your place knowing they will leave with the same great experience.

If I lived near you, I would drop in to personally shake your hand.

Thank you

Eck Nace