IGNORED

Who's going to Sturgis??

Ol Erns

Who's going to Sturgis and what are your plans? I thought it would be neat to see what VR's plans are for going to Sturgis. Where from, what the mileage will be, when will you arrive. Any big plans...Concerts, parties, venues etc.

For me and the princess, we are leaving here the afternoon of July 31. Will arrive in Sturgis the afternon of Aug 1. No concerts or such planned. Just gonna hang out, go for a few rides, see the sites, just see what comes along. Leave on Monday, Aug. 4 towards Colorado. Hopefully by Wednesday be somewhere in Utah. We want to go through Arches Nat'l Park. Thursday start back towards home, which may include a night back in Sturgis Friday, Aug. 8th. And then home by Sunday the 10th. It is our big getaway for the summer and have been looking forward to it for way too long. Exception though will be in late July, going to Georgia to see and support our son graduate from Army boot camp at Benning. Flying for that, just not enough time to ride.

For those going to Sturgis. Let me know. Maybe we can gather for a cocktail or two!

Erns:thumbsup:

Pam and I will arrive in Rapid City on the 3rd and leave for home on the 12th. This will be our first trip to Sturgis and have been looking forward to it for quite a while. We plan on doing all the nice rides out there and spending a day or two checking out the vendors, the bars and the bikes. If anyone wants to get together for a cocktail we would love to meet.

Tom Walker

571-232-8786

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey...none of yall said where you will be staying!!

Our little group will be staying at Glencoe Campground, just east of Sturgis, on hiway 34. We will leave the Texas Panhandle on 3 August, arriving in Sturgis on Monday, 4 August.

Our loosely laid plans will include rides to Mt Rushmore, Custer State Park, Iron Mountain Road, Needles Hiway, Deadwood, Spearfish Canyon, maybe Devils Tower...and of course a beer ( or 6) will be consumed at many of the finer establishments...such as Full Throttle, Broken Spoke, The Knuckle, One Eyed Jacks, The Boneyard, and dont forget...The Sidehack!...VERY skimpy attire worn by athletic female Pole Dancers!

I plan on taking some demo rides....the Triumph Rocket3 Touring is on my short list...along with maybe a trike or two.

Anyone who would like to tag along...send me a PM with your number...I got yours Tom.

Our group will consist of about 4-6 bikes. I will be breaking in some 'Sturgis Virgins'...so any and all are welcome to join...or we can meet up at your designated spot and have a tall glass of that $7 Lemonade that they seem to sell everywhere!

Again, loosely laid plans call for us to stay till Sunday morning, with the most likely 'wheels up' time of around 0900 on 10 August...and pointing the nose towards Texas.

Hey...first Venture Rider Member that meets up with us gets to buy the first round!!

:happy34:

Hey...none of yall said where you will be staying!!

Our little group will be staying at Glencoe Campground, just east of Sturgis, on hiway 34. We will leave the Texas Panhandle on 3 August, arriving in Sturgis on Monday, 4 August.

Our loosely laid plans will include rides to Mt Rushmore, Custer State Park, Iron Mountain Road, Needles Hiway, Deadwood, Spearfish Canyon, maybe Devils Tower...and of course a beer ( or 6) will be consumed at many of the finer establishments...such as Full Throttle, Broken Spoke, The Knuckle, One Eyed Jacks, The Boneyard, and dont forget...The Sidehack!...VERY skimpy attire worn by athletic female Pole Dancers!

I plan on taking some demo rides....the Triumph Rocket3 Touring is on my short list...along with maybe a trike or two.

Anyone who would like to tag along...send me a PM with your number...I got yours Tom.

Our group will consist of about 4-6 bikes. I will be breaking in some 'Sturgis Virgins'...so any and all are welcome to join...or we can meet up at your designated spot and have a tall glass of that $7 Lemonade that they seem to sell everywhere!

Again, loosely laid plans call for us to stay till Sunday morning, with the most likely 'wheels up' time of around 0900 on 10 August...and pointing the nose towards Texas.

Hey...first Venture Rider Member that meets up with us gets to buy the first round!!

In have no idea where we will be staying other than we will be camping most of the way and snag a room along the way where we can to shower Ect. But I would like to meet up to coordinate the rides. We are planning all the rides you mentioned and it would be nice to hook up to do that together if possible.

:7_6_3[1]:

We are staying at the Ramkota (best western) Inn in Rapid city. We also are planing on the rides you mentioned.

We are Sturgis virgins, have been to Daytona many times but are really looking forward to some good rides instead of whats in Daytona. I hear they are very nice and from the pictures I've seen I can't wait to get there.

Tom

Heading to Sturgis from Phoenix. Riding with 2 HD guys and a Winger. All are retired motor cops so I expect a lot of "tips" on improving my riding skills. We rented a house for the week and our wives will be flying in for a few days. Been there before but never during the rally...looking forward to it.

Guest tx2sturgis
Heading to Sturgis from Phoenix..... We rented a house for the week and our wives will be flying in for a few days.

Now that takes money. Ive seen some of those houses rent for between 5 and 10 grand for the week.

Seems like you might be able to buy me a beer!

I'll be the guy in the black t-shirt!

Now that takes money. Ive seen some of those houses rent for between 5 and 10 grand for the week.

Seems like you might be able to buy me a beer!

I'll be the guy in the black t-shirt!

We got it for 4K which includes a $800 deposit...as long as we don't break anything we'll walk away with a $3200 bill for the 10 days...not to bad. Stop by for a beer...

Guest tx2sturgis
We got it for 4K which includes a $800 deposit...as long as we don't break anything we'll walk away with a $3200 bill for the 10 days...not to bad. Stop by for a beer...

$800 per rider for the 10 days...not bad really.

Yeah I'll be looking for the house with bikes out front.

:think:

http://www.hotmoviesale.com/store/productView.aspx?idProduct=62895&ec=1&ProdID=39&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc

the dvd has a lot of imfo on all the differant places to visit around the blackhills area. if you watch closely you will see me and "maddog" vinnie danials in it. we went in 04 and had a great time, the riding is the best, because you can see a lot of differant kinds of country and animals. we stayed at the hog heaven campground right in the edge of sturgis near the motorcycle track. http://www.hogheavencampground.com/pages/info.html just be carefull, ther's a lot of wild drivers out there. don't park in the yellow zones, it will cost you! don't matter who else is there.

• 3 weeks later...

The other 51 weeks of the year exist so that this week can happen!

I sent my tent via UPS so my wife and I could ride 2-up. Leaving Colorado Sat morning Aug 2. Staying at Rush-No-More campground 5 miles SE of Sturgis, exit 37. (No reservations necessary if tent camping, has pool, hot tub, bar, food, hot showers.) We stayed there last year and it was much more comfortable than the Buffalo Chip, but also quieter. Probably staying until Wednesday, then we might ride over to Yellowstone before heading back home. We both have Aug 2 - 10 off work. This will be my 5th Sturgis trip.

We are keeping our plans flexible for weather. Hope to ride Badlands loop and probably Kidd Rock at the Buffalo Chip Monday night.

If you like live rock music from the 70s - 90s, then you MUST stop in the Loud American Roadhouse on the west end of main street and see the Judd Hoos band. They are they almost every night (and every year). No cover charge but they are hands-down the best cover band I have ever seen. Expect the bar to be absolutely packed with sweaty people crowding the stage.

If you see a Midnight RSV, look for the silver guitar on my black helmet. That's me.guitarist%202.gif I also have an all black tank (no emblem) and the corbin rear backrest with extended arm rests thanks to Gibvel.

Ride fast and party hard!

Rockin Russ

970-313-3946

I'll be there, probably arrive on Aug 2, and have to leave Aug 3 or 4 for Montana. Don't have any plans except to ride and see what's happening. I'll leave Tulsa Aug 1, through Wichita, Grand Island, and ? May stay in the Badlands Friday night. Or not. Don't know where I'll be Saturday night or Sunday night. Give me a shout.

Chuck

(918)857-2843

I made Atl To Johnson City, Tn last night and will be spending the day here. Tomorrow morning I'll be hooking up with my two Harley buddies in Nashville arouind lunch time. Then the three of us will be headed to Sturgis. Plan on arriving sometime Sunday night.

We have reservations at Wyatt's Hideaway Campground North of Sturgis. I would love to Hook up with Venture Rider members while out there.

I'm coming and am on the way but I'm running a little bit late. It looks like I'll be pulling in today. I'm about to leave Grand Island, Nebraska for the last leg. I made slow progress yesterday making my way through Kansas with the worst heat I have ever felt 125 degree heat index. It was so hot it took your breath and felt like flame against you skin. I could only ride about thirty minutes at a time before having to find shade and liquids to keep from getting heat stroke. The scoot didn't lik e it very much either.

The other problem was the scout has been a little *****y. Showing sudden vacume leaks, carbs rev to high, float sticking in # 4, and possible spark plug wire failure, resulting in plumeting MPG, AS WELL AS IRRATIC AND INTERMITTEN AIR SUSPENSION CONTROLLER. Did anyone bring a carb sync gauge? iF SO i WOULD REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE TO HOOK UP.

I uploaded several photos in my gallery of our Sturgis trip, two of them with Ernie in them. Sorry, this being my 4th or 5th trip to Sturgis, I didn't take all the traditional photos of bikes on mainstreet and chicks with very little clothing. Instead, I took more campground and nature photos.

I uploaded several photos in my gallery of our Sturgis trip, two of them with Ernie in them. Sorry, this being my 4th or 5th trip to Sturgis, I didn't take all the traditional photos of bikes on mainstreet and chicks with very little clothing. Instead, I took more campground and nature photos.

I'm a traditional kind of guy and would have appreciated those pictures! :hihi:

Sounds like they had a shooting between an off duty Seattle cop and a guy from the Hells Angels. Not a good scene.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008104766_sturgis11m.html