IGNORED

How Much ?

Acadieman

I run 5 psi forks (max is 7 psi) and 40 psi in the shock, (max is 57 psi), and at times the shock seems a little soft to me when 2 up fully loaded. I don't go any higher because it seems just right for me riding 2 up after we get to our destination and unload trunk and luggage rack.

Good Question--- I have playing with that for 3 years now.

My Wife and I always ride together. Sometimes if I do add

anything to the rear shock she complains that the ride is

too hard on her.... We even pull a trailer once in a while

and I might add 20 lbs when doing that. but have found

no air at all or maybe 10 to 15 lbs for us would be the max

to where we are still comfortable.

This will have to be up to the two

of you to decide I think,:think:

Good luck and have a safe trip,

Jeff

Most of our long distance riding is two up and pulling a Bushtec trailer is is probably overloaded. I used to run about 30 lbs. on a daily basis and pumped it up to about 45 when two up with the trailer. That made it a bit stiff but these bikes already sit about an inch low in the rear and handling was really poor by the time you loaded it up. The leveling links were the best thing I have ever done for that situation. It levels the bike and allows me to keep the air pressure down at around 30-35 lbs. even when loaded and the handling through the twisties is still great.

I know that the leveling links are the answer to those that are inseam challenged but they are a GREAT improvement if you can take the added height.

Guest BluesLover

I run with about 40 psi on the rear shock almost all the time (most of the riding is done two-up, but not necessarily loaded for bear :innocent-emoticon:

Cheers,