IGNORED

Aftermarket Exhaust for RSV

StarRider07

Hello guys and gals. I am sure this has been asked before.

I am looking at changing my mufflers and want something that is not too loud yet has a nice deep throaty sound to it. It is so hard to pick something without hearing them. I have heard so many pipes on bikes that sound horrible. Not that they were loud, they just sounded like they didn't belong on the bike. Or maybe they were just crappy pipes. Who knows. And that is why I am having a hard time. A buddy of mine modified his stock pipes. Sure they were louder (not too loud). They had a deeper throaty sound however they had that cheap sound to them. He keeps offering to do the mod for me but I just don't like the sound. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

My dealer suggested Bubs and (i think) Fat Boys.

Again, I am looking for a good quality, deep throaty sound, not too loud while cruising.

By the way, I have K&N air filters already. Will I have to re-jet if I put aftermarket pipes on? I know when I did the K&N filters and pipes on my Roadstar, it had to be re-jeted.

Thanks.

Any sound files would be greatly appreciated which you can email me.:puzzled:

Edited by StarRider07

I have Krome-Werks slip-ons on my 07 Venture Sound good, not obnoxiusly loud but loud enough to be heard.

Got mine from Sons of Thunder Metric Cycles, best price I could find on the net and free shipping (at least here in the states any way). One thing I like about them is you can select the tips you want or change the tips later if you want.

There is an almost new set of these for sale over on the Delphi forums I think.

I have Bubs on my 04.....I tried the Harleys but the Bubs have a little more character. They are not too loud unless you get on it. I have not re-jetted and have experienced no problems......

Mavrick

Hi Mavrick. And thanks for your response.

Do the Bubs have a DEEP sound?

Do you also have the K&N air filters installed?

• 1 month later...
Hello guys and gals. I am sure this has been asked before.

I am looking at changing my mufflers and want something that is not too loud yet has a nice deep throaty sound to it. It is so hard to pick something without hearing them. I have heard so many pipes on bikes that sound horrible. Not that they were loud, they just sounded like they didn't belong on the bike. Or maybe they were just crappy pipes. Who knows. And that is why I am having a hard time. A buddy of mine modified his stock pipes. Sure they were louder (not too loud). They had a deeper throaty sound however they had that cheap sound to them. He keeps offering to do the mod for me but I just don't like the sound. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

My dealer suggested Bubs and (i think) Fat Boys.

Again, I am looking for a good quality, deep throaty sound, not too loud while cruising.

By the way, I have K&N air filters already. Will I have to re-jet if I put aftermarket pipes on? I know when I did the K&N filters and pipes on my Roadstar, it had to be re-jeted.

Thanks.

Any sound files would be greatly appreciated which you can email me.:puzzled:

I too have the bubs sleepers on my 07 RSV deep sound not to loud i like them. No re-jetting

• 3 years later...
Hi Mavrick. And thanks for your response.

Do the Bubs have a DEEP sound?

Do you also have the K&N air filters installed?

I have a set of Bubbs on my '99 with K&N air filters. Sound good and didn't rejet... I don't think anyone ever has unless they like to mess around???