IGNORED

I WIN! In the crap for brains department, that is.

a1bummer

I'm such an idiot!:sign02: This spring I started hearing a really horrible noise that sounded like metal scraping metal then changed to sounding like a knock. I thought I spun a bearing. So I pull the engine so I caould put in the engine out of the other VR I picked up for parts after I got hit last Halloween. While I had the engine out of the other bike I decided to take it to the car wash and clean it up before I instal it. On my way home I looked in my rear view mirror and saw that one of my straps had come undone. Before I could come to a complete stop it fell off the trailer.:bang head: Luckily I was only going 5 mph or so. But it was enough to destroy both valve covers, the stator cover, a couple camshaft caps, and the bottom of the crankcase where the oil filter mounts. :bawling:Got the crankcase welded up and replace all the broken stuff with parts from the old engine. Finally got a friend to come over and help me get the engine in. She started right up and run great. For about half a tank anyway. Then I start hearing that noise again. Like I had spun a bearing. Either I have the worst luck and the new engine is crap too, or there is something else causing the noise. Just to rule out one possibility, I yanked off the eahaust collector, cut it open, gutted it out, stitched it back up and threw it back on. Low and behold the noise went away! I wonder where it went. Long story short... I'm such an idiot.:buttkick: With guys like me around, the rest of you look that much smarter!

I hade an 81 goldwing and put new exhaust on it then there was this tapping noise right after I changed exhaust so I figured something was in one of the mufflers and keep on rideing. A few months down the road the tapping got worse thought it was fuel pump so I changed it and went for a ride thats when the tapping stoped. It wasn't the fuel pump it was the piston hitting the valves and it stoped when it locked up. YOU NEVER KNOW!!!:(