IGNORED

Intercom and Radio in helmet

I might have misunderstood or misread some stuff but I was under the impression the radio was suppose to cut off when we use the intercom. If the radio is on the speakers I can understand it why it may not cut off but when listening to tunes in the HeadSet, it is pretty hard to understand my passenger and vice versa.

Is there a setting to get the radio to cut off when talking or is it something I have to live with?

Thanks

The intercom is hot all the time. The CB will cut the radio out, but not the IC as far as I'm aware. That is unless you purchase an after market mic mute and install it. Then you have to activate the IC when you plan on using it either through a switch or hitting the CB transmit switch.

Many people have the mic mutes and keep their IC volume near max so they can be heard when talking. If you keep the IC volume near max or maxed without mic mutes you pick up too much engine/road noise and it gets annoying after a while.

I wear a full face modular helmet and I wear earplugs and it seems to cut out much of the wind and road noise. It makes the sound from the radio and intercom easier to understand.

The wife just started wearing a modular as well and that stopped a lot of the wind and road noise as well compared to her 3/4 with face shield.

There are times when I turn the radio down to have a conversation, but for on again off again comments and short conversations it works out fine.

I would like it if the intercom would override the radio, but I don't want to have to flip a switch or push a button to talk either.

Funny never heard this before. My 1st gen the radio DOES cut out when you begin to talk, both with headsets or dash speakers. They must have changed it on the 2nd gen.

Bill P

Why keep a good thing going http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/000202BD.gif

I know you said you don't want to have to push a button or anything, but on the 07 the driver and passenger both have a button to push to cut out the radio to talk.

Driver's is on the left handle bar and Passenger's is left side also by the volume control.

I'm in the process of looking for head sets, but for now we use the buttons to cut out the radio when we want to shout at each other over the road noise.

Have a great summer

I know you said you don't want to have to push a button or anything, but on the 07 the driver and passenger both have a button to push to cut out the radio to talk.

Driver's is on the left handle bar and Passenger's is left side also by the volume control.

I'm in the process of looking for head sets, but for now we use the buttons to cut out the radio when we want to shout at each other over the road noise.

Have a great summer

Those buttons/switch are the Transmit buttons for the CB. If you turn the CB off they won't cut out the radio. Does your radio cut out every now and then and you hear static or someone talking? That's the CB receiving.

I guess thats why its good to have an 87 VR, when either the wife or I talk, the radio goes silent, the only trick is to repeat the first word, because there is a 1 second delay before it cuts out, and 1 second after the last word, the radio comes back on............. not that I have the last word..... when the wife is finished with the last word it comes back on.....JOHN:innocent-emoticon:

My 07 the push to talk buttons also cut out the radio. I have not used my CB yet as I havn't bought the head set yet.

The push to talk buttons main purpose you are right are for the CB, but they cut out the radio if that is playing. Because I don't have the headset, I don't know if my machine will cut out the radio when we try to talk or not.