IGNORED

XV1100 Virago forum, for a colleague at work?

6m459

Any one know of a good Virago 1100 forum on the net?

A colleague at work is looking for some help with her '94, she's having electrical troubles.

Google and I found a couple but they didn't look that busy. Where do the serious XV1100 owners hang out ?

Thanks,

Brian H.

Uxbridge Ont

Thanks for the forum suggestion, I'll pass that along.

She is having difficulty with 4 way flash and horn not working on her (Canadian) '94.

Turn signals apparently work OK and the rest of the bike runs good. The 4 ways have not worked for a while and I am not sure if the horn is a new problem or an old one.

She is a bit timid about working on her own bike, but is a machinist by trade so I think its time she got in there. Took us a while just to find the secondary fuse panel. She's going to check fuses first, likely tonight I gather.

Meanwhile, if any thing comes to mind among you Virago owners, we'd be glad to hear of it.

Thanks,

Brian H.

get a voltmeter and press horn button and see if there is voltage at the horn. the actual horns may have packed it in. one stopped working on my wifes virago and i replaced it with a working one.

for the flasher, most likely the flasher relay is not working. unfortunetely, i do not know where it is located on the 1100.

Where do the serious XV1100 owners hang out ?

I think here :sign20: There has to be a bunch on here. My wife being one of them. We have had the bike for a three years now and Naugh-T has put on more than 22,000 km, with very little problems

I have a electronic manual if needed, I may even still have the link, which can be downloaded, or I could copy it and send it to you.

Brad

I would start by cleaning the switches real good. Most of the time this is the problem. She can spray some WD 40 frome the outside but it is better to take it apart. Tap the screw driver with a hammer while twising to keep from stripping the soft screws (or use an impact driver) on the housing. I think the turn signals and 4 ways use the same flasher but not sure. Good luck Rod

Guess they don't like me at that forum. Applied for membership Saturday and still have not been activated.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/lol5.gif Now arn't you glad we're not that particular... http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/lol6.gif

If you can, look up a fellow there by the name of Marty - his nickname is "Backroads" -he's the resident tech expert.

THat was the site I could not remember. Marty helped me out with a little issue a while back.

Brad

Guest BluesLover
THat was the site I could not remember. Marty helped me out with a little issue a while back.

Brad

Yup, Marty did the same for me a few times too. Great knowledge of the bikes.

Cheers,