IGNORED

Is it possible to tow one bike with another?

Dragonslayer

How much did the bike on the trailer weigh? How did it handle towing it?

I took the pix from the FJR Forum, so not real sure on the weight of the bike or trailer, or how it towed. But looking at the trailer, it appears to be primarily aluminum so likely fairly light. The race bike on the trailer looks like a 600cc and as set up for racing is going to be less than 300 pounds. I would venture an educated guess the combined weight of the trailer, bike, and the few items he's carrying is less than 500 pounds....a little more than a loaded Bunkhouse camper weighs, but not much.

The final plan ended up that my roommate and I are driving her Chevy Cavelier towing 8' x 12' trailer with the Dragonslayer Bike tied down to Pa via Sklid-in in WV and MeanDog's Memorial in WV. Picking up Ebay bike in PA on Monday and taking the scenic route back. Chris don't know it yet but I think I'll let her drive the cage,trailer and ebay bike back via interstate and I think I'll ride the Dragonslayer back via the Skyline Drive/Blueridge parkway route. Lucky me.

Edited by Dragonslayer
ad photo

The final plan ended up that my roommate and I are driving her Chevy Cavelier towing 8' x 12' trailer with the Dragonslayer Bike tied down to Pa via Sklid-in in WV and MeanDog's Memorial in WV. Picking up Ebay bike in PA on Monday and taking the scenic route back. Chris don't know it yet but I think I'll let her drive the cage,trailer and ebay bike back via interstate and I think I'll ride the Dragonslayer back via the Skyline Drive/Blueridge parkway route. Lucky me.

Sounds like a good Plan ....

Now ....

Carpe Diem !!

I have towed a Bushtec Trailer for 10,000 miles all around the USA. It is not getting the mass started that matters, it is the stopping distance and the tongue weight that matters. ONLY DUAL FRONT DISC BRAKES AND YEARS OF CONTROLLED BRAKING WITH BOTH FRONT AND REAR BRAKES IS GOOD ENOUGH. Also, If the weight of the bike is exactly centered over the axle of the trailer then 10% forward for tongue weight, the bike can get any mass started and tracking will work fine.

That said, I live in Atlanta and have a 4 position motorcycle flatbed trailer with Baxley chocks that you are welcome to use if you have electric trailer brakes and a class III hitch. That would be a lot less expensive OTHER THAN GASSSSSSS.

I have just joined this group today, looking for a Venture (new) and welcome any suggestions on where to buy in Atlanta.