IGNORED

"Nightmare at a dealer" or "Lawrenceville Honda/Yamaha, you suck!"

Guindalf

Guindalf- I was thinking about this over the weekend. I hope you printed the online page offer in the bike at $4299.00 or that it still can be.

I don't know the laws in GA but here that constitutes "Bait and Switch" and can have legal consequences. By listing the bike online at $4,299.00 they have made an offer to sell at that price and have baited you into their store. By asking for more for the bike they have made a switch (not of the bike but of the offer). You might want to ask the city attorney, county attorney or state attorney or the state consumer protection department may be of help.

If I had the money in hand - I'd be a big enough pain to make them honor the deal and then go down the road to have any extras put on.

Good luck!!

Dave

I'd making EVERY possible move to pay them for having me baited and nearly ripped off.

But is sure would not leave any Amount of Money out of my Pocket there, not even a Dime.

Guest Highway

For a fact Yamaha does not take customer complaints lighty. Their new policy as of 2007 is to look into all complaints on a dealer. A local dealer 30 miles from here ( large, lots of sales and well stocked) lost their yamaha dealership over customer complaints of rudeness and bait and switch sales. They kept the other line of bikes, but it was not enough to keep them in business. Four months later, gone. Call the 800 number for customer service in the back of your service manual, and they will get you started on the right course of action... No bull they really do act on them, I know.

:Avatars_Gee_George:

After being fed up I walked into the store, very pissed off, got my money back and drove to another dealer @60 miles away and bought a Venture right off the floor.

By the sounds of this place, I am surprised it was that easy to get your money and run.

Guest nolafishr

You done the Right thing, never be afraid to walk out on a deal if it goes bad, I have done it many times, They need to Sell more than You need to Buy, Always Remember That!

UPDATE:

As a direct result of this thread, Burgymon (John) contacted me through PM and offered me his 2001 Reflex. We got together on Saturday and we took it off his hands for an agreed price.

Result: Wife now has the scooter she has wanted for a couple of years or more; John sold his scoot and I saved about HALF of what we were going to spent last week!

This means I may get my new TV sooner than expected.

A big public thank-you to John and a happy ending for a change!:happy34:

...and here's the beast...

http://i31.tinypic.com/20at0zb.jpg

We stop at the dealer in Willmar MN. They ha a new 07 Venture for $13999 so we stoped in know one would talk to us. We where there for a 1/2 hour, wife went to the office they where talking about what they are doing for the week end.

bought 2007 rsmv from these guys 5 months ago. no service work really done yet. does anyone have any feedback on the yamaha dealer service that is on hyw 53 in braselton, ga.

I've passed them many times when working in Winder, Curtis, but never got around to stopping. I thought they were primarily Suzuki dealers (or maybe Kawasaki).

Sorry I can't give you any more than that.

BTW, did you at least get a good price?

Guest Ken8143

Love the color of that scoot! My wife actually sat on a scoot the other day...she might even be convinced...all we need now is a bit more $$$....who knows...one of these days...

Main thing is your wife got a scoot and both of you are happy, and have a little extra cash in the pocket. That is one winning combination!

• 2 years later...

I guess I am lucky I have 2 Yamaha dealers within 10 miles of my house. Charleston Power Sports likes to talk to you whether you are buying or not and I have been very happy with them. Velocity is a much bigger dealer and are not as personal however I have not had any bad experiences from them.

Joe

I went there once. You were treated great to the way I was treated. A friend and I went there to look at Yamaha's. As you know they have two building or did have one for Yamaha's and one for everything else. We walked around for an hour in the Yamaha building and never once saw anyone that worked there. I even remarked to my friend anybody that wanted to could back the truck up and take whatever they wanted and no one would know the difference. We my friend called them from the showroom floor and they said they would send someone over. Well another thirty minutes went by and we decided to leave. Well I wanted to talk to the sales manager first. I went to the other building and found the sales manager in his office. I voiced my complaint to the sales manager and he actually stood up and began to chastise me because they were busy and I didn't have any patience. Well I went home and immediately fired and email off to them about the sales manager and their sorry service. Well I got a phone call from a very apologetic assistant sales manager and he told me the sales manager was out of line and if I would come back up there he would personally wait on me. I went back and he waited on me and I bought the bike.

Do they have good prices? YES they do.

Can you find better deals? YES you can but they may be on the other side of the US.

Do they have good customer service? NO NO NO

Are there parts and service reasonable? NO that is where they make their money.

Would I recommend them? NO!!!