IGNORED

Buffalo to PA

Marcarl

Planning on a vacation the first week in August and doing a tour from Buffalo through PA. Looking for the right roads to take, nice roads to ride, places to see, people to meet, places to eat, places to stay (not for free), places to avoid. Do want to spend some time in Lancaster and area. Any ideas would be welcome. We'll leave Monday am and want to be back by Sunday pm.

If you get a chance to do some of Rt 6 in PA - its a beautiful ride (along the top of the state). I believe its listed as one of the top touring roads in America.

Rt 30 (out of Lancaster and beyond York) can be quite pretty and historic (to Gettysburg). However - there are a fair amount of lights and traffic - but not too bad.

Also - Williamsport PA has some great riding around it. If you have or can get a copy of Road Runner - Motorcycle Tour and Travel Magazine from Feb 08, it has a what appears to be a wonderful ride around that area. Our STAR touring group did a ride with the Central PA group last year and it was amazing scenery and wonderful roads.

Stuart

As mentioned Rt 6 is nice, rt 15 so to gettysburg is nice, 30 east, would take you past harley plant into lancaster, if you are coming to Lanc. area look me up i am very close, also Halfwit is down in that area and he really knows some great back roads. I could take you on a nice ride around my area also. Let me know what ya need. Craig

Carl,

If you're in York there is an old Diner (railroad dinning car) on Rt. 30 on the west side of town. Great "Blue plate specials". Right across the street there's a mom and pop motel that I've stayed at a few times. Not much to right home about but cheap and clean. They even have screen doors on the rooms.

Also, if you're interested, the Harley plant offers tours. If I recall, daily at 1:00.

Valley Forge is worth looking at too. It's further east.

Come down along lake Erie to Erie then head east of Rt 6 stop at Kinzua Dam and Allegehney Natl. forest. Head east on 6 thru Coudersport to Wellsboro, stay over in Wellsboro neat town with old fashioned diner and gas lite street lites. Check out Blackwell hotel and Pa grand canyon while in Wellsboro, then So on 15 to Gettysburgh plenty to see there, then east on 30 thru york stop at Harley plant 30 E to Lancaster lots to see you mite even check out Intercourse and Bird in Hand:whistling: then back up thru Poconos to either 6 or head up into NY, Craig

I want to see this Intercourse town, whenever I've heard about it before the lights were always off so maybe now the lights will be on:):):):innocent:.

Just the kind of info we're lookig for, this is going great. I can now plan a trip and Marca can decide were to sleep, either in total Bliss or somewhere else.

Guest JGorom
I want to see this Intercourse town, whenever I've heard about it before the lights were always off so maybe now the lights will be on:):):):innocent:.

Just the kind of info we're lookig for, this is going great. I can now plan a trip and Marca can decide were to sleep, either in total Bliss or somewhere else.

There are some other interestingly named towns and villages in that Lancaster area as well...such as Blue Ball and Paradise. One of the real neat things the wife and I visited a few years ago was a scaled replica of the Jewish Temple...it was at one of the Amish tourist centers.

With regards to Wellsboro...couple of motels right in the center of town as well as a nice old hotel. One of the motels (where we stayed) had an indoor pool as I recall which was nice to relax in for the evening. I also recall that at that time there were no Tim Horton's in Wellsboro (there are problably several there now) but there was a Dunkin Donuts across from the motel with the pool. I also remember that and the food was very good at the diner on main street and rather excellent at an old Hotel down the street, also on main street. They would serve a brunch on the weekends and the lunches and dinners were excellent and very reasonably priced. They post the menu outside or you can go in and find out what the specials for the day will be. I cannot remember the name of the Hotel...but the main drag of Wellsboro was rather small...we would walk it in the evening and that is how we came across the statues of Winken...Blinkin...and Nod in the park on main street.

Sounds like you have plenty of time to check some things out on the internet before you set sail. Please lt us know when your coming through our area...if I'm off would love to meet up with you and your wife and perhaps tag along for a bit..stop for a lunch or dinner then we could head back.

Later...

As a matter of fact, you have to go thru Intercourse to get to Bliss, right Cecdoo??

Well not always:rotf: Craig

Go thru Intercourse to avoid Blue Balls.:rotf:

Yes, there is a town in PA with that name!-Jack

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=40.07812&lon=-76.07989&zoom=13&q1=blue%20balls%2C%20pa&q2=intercourse%2C%20pa

Edited by royalstarjac

Carl

If Marca sews or quilts stay away from Bird In Hand & Intercourse . You wont

get her out of town till she finnishes all them stores. Dont try practical approach

but honey it all wont fit on the bike. Her anawer will be Thats what Fed Ex is for.

If this happens , Cancel her credit cards , Honey just look around & I will pick U

at 6Pm & go ride the roads

Gambler:rotfl: