IGNORED

Anyone have dealt with these guys?

After reading a post in this forum I did some research on 86photo which was where I was going to purchase mine. I could not find one good review that wasn't somehow attached either directly or indirectly to their site. most, if not all, the independent reviews were negative with a lot of bait and switch tactics mentioned. They tend to sell cheaply then try to sell you an inflated accessories package where they are making quite a bit of money to make up for the low cost. If you decline they call you back and tell you they are out of stock. At least that is most of what I've read.

I did just purchase one through digitalmegastore.com which had a good price and the sale went easily. I have not received it yet but it's only been two days and I was told it was shipped.

Good Day,

Go look at a Magellan Crossover (2500T). Use this for all purposes by buying a RAM Mount. I used mine all across the US. I have seen refurbished for under $130.00 and new for under $300.00. Longest lasting battery (8 hours min) on the market but I plug mine into my RSV plug-in already on the bike.

Just came back from over 6,500 miles across America and it found everything that I put in it. Only led me the wrong way when a highway was closed temporarily, and then it rerouted me automatically. Try finding Graceland in if you have never been to Memphis. I couldn't have gotten along without it.

It also works on a boat and for hiking as well as your car and motorcycle. Has voice directions, mp3 and stores photographs. Saves your routes and you can create custom Points of Interest by programming it with your computer. Easy to see even in sunlight and waterproof to rx something or other (light rain was no problem).

Check it out if you have never had one on your bike and then if you think it makes sense try a ZUMO for the exorbitant amount they charge for their bluetooth one.

Easy Riding,

John

When you don't have something you can price it as low as you want!!! And they don't have it!!!! And won't for at least six weeks or so. I just spoke to a friend who ordered from them and when they told him to wait a couple of months he cancelled.

SO RUN DON"T WALK !!:no-no-no:

I knew it sounded fishie but I neve thought they were that bad. Tx all for the input.

John, I will check the reviews on that cross over. The one thing I don't want is a GPS that will route me through gravel roads. I had a Magellan before and it didn't care if I had a bike. One of the gravel roads it sent me through was barely fit for a 4 wheeler. Do you know it this one has the option of not allowing gravel roads?

Thanks

Good Day,

Go look at a Magellan Crossover (2500T). Use this for all purposes by buying a RAM Mount. I used mine all across the US. I have seen refurbished for under $130.00 and new for under $300.00. Longest lasting battery (8 hours min) on the market but I plug mine into my RSV plug-in already on the bike.

Just came back from over 6,500 miles across America and it found everything that I put in it. Only led me the wrong way when a highway was closed temporarily, and then it rerouted me automatically. Try finding Graceland in if you have never been to Memphis. I couldn't have gotten along without it.

It also works on a boat and for hiking as well as your car and motorcycle. Has voice directions, mp3 and stores photographs. Saves your routes and you can create custom Points of Interest by programming it with your computer. Easy to see even in sunlight and waterproof to rx something or other (light rain was no problem).

Check it out if you have never had one on your bike and then if you think it makes sense try a ZUMO for the exorbitant amount they charge for their bluetooth one.

Easy Riding,

John

Has that one got an actual hard drive or is it flash memory?

When I was searching for mine, I found many sites had "rebuilt" and or "repaired" Zumos that they were selling cheaper then most other reliable places.

I do not see where the one you posted is rebuilt or repaired, but if all the reviews are negative, it raises my suspisions that it may be repaired or rebuilt and right now my gut feeling is telling me its negative deal....I would look elsewhere..

Ok how this place works is like this.

You order something online for a ridiculously low price. Part of your information is giving them a contact number so they can verify your purchase. They call you back the next day to "Verify" your purchase and want to sell you accessories that go with it. Accessories I might add that cost 4 times what you can purchase them for in a retail store. If you are dumb enough to buy the accessories you will get your product is short order. If on the other hand you decide to not purchase the accessories then all of a sudden it's on back order for 6 weeks. Then 8 weeks later when you call back about your purchase (Oh yeah I forgot to mention they already have taken your money) they try the same scam again with the same results.

BTW there are at least 6 different websites that use numbers and the word photo in them and they all are the same company.

I did just purchase one through digitalmegastore.com which had a good price and the sale went easily. I have not received it yet but it's only been two days and I was told it was shipped.

Just wanted to update the status from this company. I ordered the 550 which I was told was in stock and would ship in 24-48 hours and I'd receive an email when it ships. A week goes by and no email so I call to check status and am told it was shipping that day. Again no email so I call the next day and am told that the shipment from Garmin was delayed. I asked what does that have to do with it, you said it was in stock last week when I ordered. He tells me that they ship out those that upgrade to priority shipping first and then fill all other shipments. What the F? Again I am told it would be going out today (8 days from when I ordered) and I'd get an email and again no email. Tomorrow I'll be calling to cancel my order and reorder somewheres else. Bad part is when I checked consumer reviews this company actually had a good rating but I'd say beware.

I have purchased from them b4 twice no problems

The Zumo last June 07

and the street pilot 340 the year b4 Jan 06

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=GRZUMO450

heads up with the Zumo

1.The Zumo has no speaker when mounted on the bike an attention tone is all that needed just to know a turn is coming up Garmin could have don better on this

It is not Safe to be looking down at at a map while driving

2.The map source routing software not the that good

3. I had to replace the bracket after a month for water damage

4. After 1 year the audio plug is giving me problems sure its water damage also

a speaker would have been a better Idea

5. I Recently purchase the Mad Maps downloads for the Zumo

these downloads are useless the Zumo can not navigate to the beginning of the route

the best it will do is go north ? miles Garmin could have done better on this

but if you create a route you get the option navigate to the beginning

best to but the hard copy from Mad map's and input the data

Ride Safe

Dave W

Columbus Ohio

2006 RSTD 30,000 miles

http://www.ibmc.org/

Can't say as I have had any of those problems with my Zumo 550. Sure every once and a while it takes a different route than what you would think it should, but most if not all GPS's do this also. No major audio problems as of yet, I occasionally have to reseat it in the cradle because of it getting jarred on a hard bump in the road, and as for not having a speaker on the MC mount, well you wouldn't exactly be able to hear what is being said while riding at highway speeds with a helmet on and wind noise. It is designed to integrate with an audio system on the MC, for that it works just fine.

I purchased it from buydig.com received it within a week.

The first unit I received from buydig I ordered Thursday night and had it 10:00 am Saturday morning received the product b4 the shipping confirmation.

I agree it is not a bad unit there is room for improvement though

I have connected it to the audio in my truck loaded it with music works nice.

The hands free for my phone works great use that constantly.

I have dropped the Zumo 3 times it is a solid unit

I have used it on several trips it only took me to the wrong spot 1 time.

They did give me a free map upgrade when they replaced the bracket for the bike

Not everyone has an audio system and its not cheap to add to a bike.

When I used the street pilot 340 on the bike you cant hear the voice direction

but the alert at 70 mph with a helmet that is all you can hear. DING..

Ride Safe...