IGNORED

Rubber inserts between handlebars and fairing

Junior

9 hours ago, Junior said:

Thanks, I did that but they don't touch the triple tree anymore.  1 1/2 " away. I guess I'll look for filler pieces of rubber blocks.

Here are some photos of what I did, not fancy by any means, but functional. I went to a local auto parts store and bought some rubber inserts for coil springs, cut and shaped them as needed, in retrospect I could have glued them to the OEM bumpers or installed screw from the bottom so they were not visible, but once installed the tabs I made were virtually invisible down in that hole.

The tabs were just cut from some aluminum stock I had laying around.

461.jpg

462.jpg

465.jpg

466.jpg

• Like 1

I cut up rubber pinch block and inserted under existing rubber inserts and used gorilla glue to secure. I think it will work fine. The only thing is when handlebars are turned right, the throttle grip is not turning freely. Center and left turn is normal. Any one else have this problem after installing Baron's risers?

46 minutes ago, Junior said:

I cut up rubber pinch block and inserted under existing rubber inserts and used gorilla glue to secure. I think it will work fine. The only thing is when handlebars are turned right, the throttle grip is not turning freely. Center and left turn is normal. Any one else have this problem after installing Baron's risers?

I recall having the same issue, just had to massage the cables, may have needed to remove them from one or two of the clips and reposition around the other cables and wires, took a bit of fiddling around.  Needs to be worked out, last thing you need is a stuck or sticky throttle going into or coming out of turn.

Good luck.

Well I took the gas tank off , removed throttle cables and dropped handlebars down and over to the right. I talked with Ed Williams and he said the stock cables will work. I rerouted  cables at triple tree and put it back together. Had to adjust cable slack at carburetor and at handlebar throttle point. Took several tries there to get good snap back on grip. It was a challenge to put the cables back in attachment point where the cruise control cable meets. Thanks for everyone's support and information.

• Like 1