IGNORED

Login Warning. PLEASE READ

Freebird

There is a change coming to the way that you login to the site.  This is not something that I am doing, it is being implemented by the software developer.  In the very near future, you will no longer be able to login with your username.  You will have to login with your email address.  Your username will still show up once logged in but you have to login with your email address..  You can already do that and I recommend that you start doing it now.  This is a security issue.  Your usernames are known to all and hackers use advanced methods to try and crack your passwords so that they can login under your name.  Your email address is not publicly available here so it makes it harder to hack your account.  Right now, you can login with your username or password but username login is being removed from the software.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Freebird said:

There is a change coming to the way that you login to the site.  This is not something that I am doing, it is being implemented by the software developer.  In the very near future, you will no longer be able to login with your username.  You will have to login with your email address.  Your username will still show up once logged in but you have to login with your email address..  You can already do that and I recommend that you start doing it now.  This is a security issue.  Your usernames are known to all and hackers use advanced methods to try and crack your passwords so that they can login under your name.  Your email address is not publicly available here so it makes it harder to hack your account.  Right now, you can login with your username or password but username login is being removed from the software.  

SO how do you go about making the change

• Like 1

If you are like me and have many different emails and don't remember which one you used you can see the email you signed up with by clicking your screen name under the banner, choose Profile.  Then in the upper left you will see edit profile.  You will see and can change your email address. 

Just a note.  If you are somebody, like me, who never actually logs out, you won't be affected.  You won't be logged out doe to the cnange.  But if for some reason hour DO get logged out, you just won't be able to login using the username.

• Freebird pinned and featured this topic