IGNORED

FINALLY went for a ride

Freebird

My very first ride of the season. I'm just so buried with things to do around here that I just haven't had time to ride. With all the typical spring cleaning, painting, yard work around here and working on the site and trying to get the new server optimized...I've just been buried.

So, this morning I got on the bike around 7:30 and went for a ride. WOW....I can't even start to tell you how much clearer my head is now. Folks, I really needed that little ride. Probably only did about 50 miles but it sure felt good.

Here are some of my initial impressions of some recent changes I have made to the bike.

Avon tires. So far, I love them. I have a very high opinion of the Michelin Commanders that I have been running but decided to try the Avons to see what all the fuss is about. It's way too soon to tell if I will stay with them over the Michelins but the initial impression is very good. The one and ONLY complaint I had with the Michelins were that they howl just a bit in the long sweeping curves. These Avons are very quiet at all times. Now if they do as well as the Michelins on wet roads and I get close to the same mileage out of them, I'll be sold.

Speakers. I recently changed out my Pioneer speakers in the front with the Polk db401. I have to say that the Polks are a better speaker. Bass is just a bit better maybe but they just seem to have a cleaner sound overall. I'm not sure it's important now though because.......

Headset. I tell you the truth. Since buying my RSV in 1999, I have always used the external speakers for music. The reason is simple. I've never found a headset that does justice to music. They all seemed a bit tinny to me, lacked depth and bass, just didn't sound good at all. I've tried several models of high end and low end J&Ms. For about the past 3 years, I've used AirRiders which were about $200.00 a set...still not impressed. So, I just continued to use the bike's speakers for music and have been through 3 sets of them. As I mentioned in another post, I finally risked wasting my money again and bought a set of Edset's. WOW...what a difference. For the first time in the 9 years that I've owned my bike, I finally prefer listening to the music through my headset. These have the best sound, best bass, best clarity of any headset that I have ever used. I had tried them in the garage after installing them and they sounded good but I've found that the others sound OK also when sitting in a garage. It's not until you get on the road that you can really judge them. I have now ridden with them at speeds up to about 90 MPH and I can tell you, in my opinion, these are the only ones that live up to expectations for a headset. PLUS...these things are only about 1/8 - 1/4" thick so are not even noticeable in your helmet. I often had to push on and re-arrange the others so that they didn't start hurting my ears.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the ride except that the bike isn't running quiet right. I feel a bit of hesitation when I roll on the throttle and it just doesn't feel right in general. Maybe later today I'll check the carb sync and maybe even the plugs. It's OK and still a joy to ride but something isn't perfect. I'll figure that out when I have time.

Well, I should be joining you also today, Don. FINALLY got all the brakes bled, cables changed and all the little neccesities that make it "roadable". Test ride scheduled for this morning after another look-see to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Glad you finally got your therapy in.

Dan

geez don..dont you have too much work to do to be fooling around wasting your time going for a ride?????????:stirthepot:

I tell you.........you men......just never get your priorties straight do ya?????????:rasberry:

seriously

bout time you took some YOU time Don.......if anyone deserves it you do......

hopefully it cleared some of that Burn-Out you have been feeling......

now later today or this evening might i suggest you get some more work done??/ ( as in clearing your head a lil more with another ride!):D

Good for you Don!!!! However, that was just your first cycle-therapy session. You are not cured and you will need many more sessions on a regular basis. Some of the sessions will be very long. :cool10::rasberry:

I still haven't got my first ride yet.

I checked out their web site yesterday, look good. after your report here today I think I will be ordering a set of their Speakers to give them a try.

Hmmmm, ?? Sounds like you need a small dose of " SEA-FOAM " !! Hi Hi