IGNORED

Highway Pegs with Yamaha Lowers???

Guest JGorom

Guest JGorom

Does anyone here have the Yamaha smoked lowers on their Venture and a set of Kuryakyn highway pegs mounted as well? I am not sure if you can do both so I am asking. Pictures would help showing the highway pegs mounted along with the Yamaha lowers...also would be interested in knowing the model number and any additional accessories needed to make that happen.

Guest JGorom

Thanks Tom...what model number did you go with and did the clamps and pegs come althogether with your model?

Thanks Tom...what model number did you go with and did the clamps and pegs come althogether with your model?

Hey jGorom - I have them on my RSTD as well (with the smoked vents). I'll try to find the model number but may have lost the invoice. I do remember that the pegs and clamps came as a kit and I seem to rmember it was a clamp for a one inch bar. They do come close but work very nicely - I can open and close the vents no problem.

Cheers

Eugene

Guest JGorom

Thanks everyone...I'm still debating on how often I might use them. It looks like the Kuryakyn 7980 Offset Longhorns would work with the Yamaha lowers installed.

Hi, everyone! My first post. I, too, have the lowers with the Kuryakin pegs, and they work well. I have another question. I bought the lowers due to the heat of the engine, and even with them I still get a lot of heat. I asked my dealer to check out the engine, and he said nothing was wrong, but it seems to me that there is way too much heat given off the engine. Even at highway speeds with the lowers open, I have to move my knees out to cool off. Is this normal?

Ken

Hi, everyone! My first post. I, too, have the lowers with the Kuryakin pegs, and they work well. I have another question. I bought the lowers due to the heat of the engine, and even with them I still get a lot of heat. I asked my dealer to check out the engine, and he said nothing was wrong, but it seems to me that there is way too much heat given off the engine. Even at highway speeds with the lowers open, I have to move my knees out to cool off. Is this normal?

Ken

Hey Ken - I'm sure others will give you a more technical approach to this - I can say that this is NOT normal.

Eugene

I used Kurykyn 's Pilot Pegs with offset mounts & magnum clamps #4438. I didn't want big footrests thus going with these. And the offsets are plenty long enough as well.

As others here say just adjust them them to clear the vents when they're open all the way.

Here's a link to them -- http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=Harley&ci=3216

Larry

I can't help it - - but - - is that one of those viener schnitchel carts that you tow behind your ride? Ever since gas $$$ sky rocket - man - I don't blame ya! :rotf:No offense, fellow biker - nice rig actually! Thinkin bout 1 myself some time in future!

I can't help it - - but - - is that one of those viener schnitchel carts that you tow behind your ride? Ever since gas $$$ sky rocket - man - I don't blame ya! :rotf:No offense, fellow biker - nice rig actually! Thinkin bout 1 myself some time in future!

Actually a large beer cart with iced down beer!