91 Venture Royale.

My clutch switch broke. The rubber or plastic housing broke right where it goes into the clutch lever assembly. I ordered a new one. My questions are;

Where does the other end of the switch wire terminate? The guy at the shop said it was probably behind the headlight. Anybody know for sure?

If I'm into the headlight area, should I replace my 17-year-old bulb? Is there a brighter-than-stock replacement bulb that will work and won't overload my system?

Thanks

Sometimes you can get to some of the wiring connections, without removing the fairing, by removing the turn signals and going in thru the opening. I'd do some tugging on the wire and see if the connection can be traced by movement. If you can locate it tie something around it so it doesn't disappear while you have the thing unplugged. Another way to get behind the fairing is to pull the windshield and the dash cover which is held in by 2 screws that can be accessed thru the turn signal holes. Hope this helps a bit....

Pulling the Headlight isn't that much of Hassle also. At least on my '93.

Two Bolts on the Headlight Cover, two Bolts on top of the Light, take the Light out, unplug Lights Connector. There's a big Hole to work in there.

I got the clutch switch from Yamaha. Removed the headlight and found where the switch wire plugged in just to the right (viewed from drivers position) of the light. Replaced the headlight bulb while I was in there with a Silver Star. It seems to be brighter and whiter. Pretty easy fix.