IGNORED

A great big Thank You to Freebird!!!

Anyone who has spent more than a minute or two with Freebird knows what kind of man he is. For those members who have not had the honor of meeting Don, I want to tell you, he is the best of them.

I met Don first several years ago at his annual maintenance day get together and have seen him and Eileen a few times at other MDs. He's the kind of guy that can include everyone in his conversations and still seem to focus on YOU. This is a rare quality and one that follows through into every thing I have seen or heard about Don.

A few weeks ago my wife suffered a serious heart attack and has been hospitalized since. I contacted Don to see how much it would cost to install a stair lift and was surprised at the price, in a good way. It was far less than I expected, though still out of my budget when the hospital bills started rolling in. I later asked for some advice regarding buying one of the many used stair lifts on Craig's List. He gave me some things to look for and warned me off of one that was out dated and, probably unserviceable.

A few hours later he called me and told me not to buy anything, he had a used unit that he would let me have and install it for me and Kris. It turns out this "used unit" might have had some of the parts unboxed but had never been installed. Don came out and installed the lift yesterday, I am glad I took his advice as I would have still been working on it today had I done it myself. 

Once again, Thank you Don for your friendship and for everything you do here and everywhere else. The world is a better place with you in it.

Edited by luvmy40
  • Like 5