IGNORED

Ride on for tires

captnmidnight

I"ve heard about ride on for the tires. Questions: How much is it and where can I find it? Does it affect the balance of the tire? (I'm assuming you ride with it allready in your tire unlike fix a flat.) What exactly is it supposed to do? Any testimonials from anyone?:confused24: Thx in advance for the insight.:cool10:

Greetings, I put ride on in my 86 Royale 2 years ago. Been all way to Kansas City twice. And all over New Mexico. So far so good. No flats. I believe the Web site is Rideon.com. I might be mistaken.It was not to expensive I got enough for 4 tires. Rides good, no vibration. there is a guide and you just measure out how much you need for the size tire that you have. Let the air out put in ride on ,air up tire then go take a ride. ( to distribute the ride on).

I don't know if it works like they claim. The stories that I have read about on this forum leaves me to believe that its good stuff. It is Inexpensive and if it does work like others say I/you cannot afford not to use it. This is the first riding season that I use it. It hasn't affected the handleing of the bike.

I bought mine diect from the company and used our discount for reduced pricing. Used the stuff for two years but never had a flat or anything to cause loss of air. In fact I just added some to the trikes rear tires for as Floyd says-- peace of mind.

Larry

I have used Ride-On in my last 4 sets of tires. I think the stuff is great. I first used it when shortly after purchasing my 99 used, at 1000 miles the rear tire picked up a nail. (the previous owner had just installed a set of Avons) I called Ride On and spoke to an owner who told me to leave the nail in. Once the Ride On arrives, follow the instructions, which are, let all of the air out of the tire by removing the valve, install 1 bottle of Ride On into the valve, blow out the valve opening with a shot of compressed air, install the valve, fill to desired pressure, ride the bike for 5 miles to evenly distribute the stuff. Thats the normal procedure. As far as my nail issue goes, I did all of the above, got home, pulled the nail out and the tire began to leak. As per his instructions I hopped on the bike and rode it another 5 miles. Within 1 block the air stopped leaking. When I got back, I topped off the tire and for the next 13k I had no issue with it.

On the RSV you use 1 bottle per tire.

I'd like to know what the rims look like after they are coated with the stuff...

OK, it is supposed to be mess free, however after several applications I would recommend at the tire change to thoroughly clean the rim as it will build up over time. The first two times were ok but the third time it was pretty messy.

I'd like to know what the rims look like after they are coated with the stuff...

Ok, here's one. Right after tire removal. It rinses off with water, and I usually just wipe it off. I find that most of it stays in the tire.

Thanks for the pic..... I tend to shy away from any sort of stop leak product as they usually cause more harm than good. Not so much for the user,.. but for the person who has to eventually fix it (me). There used to be a bead seal product that would glue the tire onto the rim... worked great... but if you ever had to clean a rim that had that stuff on it you'd never use it again. ... Anyway,,, .. ride safe, & ride on! :7_2_102[1]:

Think about this, It seems about half of us are pro patching a tire and about half say replace. I just replaced a new rear Avon with 450 miles on it. I ordered the new tire before I even dismounted the flat. It had a drywall screw in it and when I finally got to see the inside, it was sticking right through one of the cords. Why would you want to ride for two years not knowing what is sticking through your tires:confused24: