IGNORED

China made carb diaphrams

Tysons87venture

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone has had experience with the  cheaper China made diaphrams, I got the price on the oem diaphrams and slides today and was really surprised at how expensive they are, I'm kind of wondering if they are worth it though as I have experienced poor quality before in cheaper parts, would be awesome if anyone could give some advice on the topic, thanks!

Also if you dont want to use the glue, there are other sources for the diaphrams also.  Sirius Consolidated Inc, out of Canada offers numerous Venture parts that are high quality. I have their diaphrams on my 89 VR for a number of years now with no issues with them so far.  Here is a link to the Yamaha Venture parts.

https://www.siriusconinc.com/search_result.php?make=2&model=Venture Royale&part=All&partno=&x=56&y=16&search=search&start=0

Good luck

Rick F

On 7/5/2021 at 5:00 PM, Tysons87venture said:

Hey all, was just wondering if anyone has had experience with the  cheaper China made diaphrams, I got the price on the oem diaphrams and slides today and was really surprised at how expensive they are, I'm kind of wondering if they are worth it though as I have experienced poor quality before in cheaper parts, would be awesome if anyone could give some advice on the topic, thanks!

To put things in perspective, Chinese made brings to mind one thing: the type of material used in making the product. We know Yamaha uses a certain type of rubber for it's diaphrams. They last years! We don't know anything about Chinese products. Could be plain rubber that will deteriorate with gas  contact.... Maybe even engine heat will destroy it.

Not worth the risk. Especially if one comes apart and leaves teeny runner pieces in the carbs. Buy reputable and only do the job once. 

• Like 2