I'm a new RSV owner and haven't been able to find answers to my questions, so I apologize if these are repeats. My first question is, how do I change the passing lamps to either come on with low beams instead of high, or stay on regardless of headlight setting? They are currently wired to come on only with high beams.

Second question: the passing lamps appear to be misaligned, and I see no obvious way to adjust the alignment. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

there are three bullet connectors inside the fairing.  One for low beam, one for high beam, one for all the time.  Just unplug and plug into another.  Dont remember colors, I just plugged until it did what I wanted.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:17 PM, Runhot0576 said:

I'm a new RSV owner and haven't been able to find answers to my questions, so I apologize if these are repeats. My first question is, how do I change the passing lamps to either come on with low beams instead of high, or stay on regardless of headlight setting? They are currently wired to come on only with high beams.

Second question: the passing lamps appear to be misaligned, and I see no obvious way to adjust the alignment. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Something to keep in mind here, the reason passing lights (also referred to as road lights ) are wired to come on only with the high beams, is because in some States and Provinces, it is illegal to run  passing/road lights during times when it is required to run low beams only. This is why in most cases it is required by law that these lights automatically switch off when switching to low beams. They also go so far  in some States and Provinces to state  it is illegal to run  passing/road lights and/or fog lights by themselves without the appropriate low or high beam being on at the same time, another reason why they are wired the way they are. On vehicles that run both fog lights and road lights you will find that the fog lights come on when switching to low beam and switch over to  passing/road lights when switching to high beams

Edited by saddlebum

Mine were on a dedicated relay and switch. Never had an issue with law. Pretty sure if they stopped you for those lights being on you could apologize and be on your way. I run high beam all the time here in Fla and a modulator on the low.