IGNORED

Motorcycle Eyeglasses

Iowa Guy

I have a prescription change coming up and will probably get new lenses and frames. What particular motorcycle factors in choosing eye glasses have others found important? I am thinking of such things as tinting, shape of the frames, or the temple pieces.

:15_8_211[1]:

Iowa Guy

My suggestion is that you look at an eye glass that has plenty of coverage to keep stuff out of your eyes. You may also want to look at some of the sunglasses that wrap around the side to keep your eyeballs from drying out. I bought a pair of goggles that fit over my glasses and they helped on a long ride.

Tombo

:322:

i went with a wrap around that was big enuff to cover my eye and prevent some of the drying out and tearing, but the thing i like the best is the transitions lenses that get darker and lighter depending on sunshine. Eliminates having to have 2 or 3 pair of glasses with when youre riding.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

This past week, I picked-up my Wiley-X (wrap-arounds) which I ordered them with "Transitions" prescription lenses. I love the style and the fit. The Transitions lenses make it very convenient to not have to swap glasses depending on light.

The Wiley-X sunglasses were originally made for U.S. military forces and are built tough. It'll be nice this year to not have to worry about how many pairs of convenience store sunglasses I will have to buy on the road this summer because the cheap ones always break pretty quickly.

Pete.

For the past several years I've been very happy with a pair of OTG, Over-the-Glasses, scratch resistant lexan safety glasses by Uvex. They completely cover my prescription glasses, wrap around the sides and have enough adjustments to fit most anyone. The ear pieces are padded and they have a brow ridge that keeps sweat out of my eyes. The lenses are easily changed, I have two, dark smoke for day and amber for night riding. They can usually be found on ebay and best of all they are always under $15.

Up here we have a lot of very tall trees and in the summer you are constantly going from light to dark and back again. The transition glasses do not work well as by the time they have changed the light has changed again. I found a light amber tint was best for day and even into dusk. Large enough lenses to protect the eyes. I am going in for cataract surgery soon so I am going to try to get the replacement lenses that will get rid of glasses entirely.