IGNORED

need more meet & eats

Snarley Bill

well no one has ever made a plea like this that i know of ,so here it goes. we have around 5,000 members on here, some just sit back and enjoy the benefit's. alot of us are doers. nothing wrong with that. but in my opinion we need more people around the two countries usa, and canada to sponser meet and eats. believe me folks they are more fun to get together than you can imagine, and a great chance to meet great people and help promote a great site. i love seeing people get together and have a great time. i enjoy putting on meets and attending them. it's not hard to do. if anyone wants to have a meet and eat but does'nt know how to do it just ask and i and many others would be glad to give you input. i know i could do one almost every weekend and never get tired of it. nice thing about meet and eats is the people that don't have alot of vacation can participate if they are close to home. so think about it and lets do it. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2::2133:

I couldn't agree more, but sometimes it seems difficult getting people together. I have all but volunteered free gas just to get people to come to my fall folage ride. I haqve tried for the last 2 years to get something off the ground with little success.

That being said, our place is always open to Ventureriders, and for that matter, Venturers as well. This August when I am recovering from foot surgery I am very hopeful members will stop by and help me pas the time away...

geez bill doesnt linda have enough to keep you busy around home??

Dale and I will have to think about having another one.....its been over a yr and a half since we had the first one....:innocent:

cindy , you had a great one. we really enjoyed it. got some great ideas from yours that i incorporated in mine this year. like food at my house. lol. bill :2133:

I couldn't agree more, but sometimes it seems difficult getting people together. I have all but volunteered free gas just to get people to come to my fall folage ride. I haqve tried for the last 2 years to get something off the ground with little success.

That being said, our place is always open to Ventureriders, and for that matter, Venturers as well. This August when I am recovering from foot surgery I am very hopeful members will stop by and help me pas the time away...

i know how you feel.this year i did'nt think i was going to have much of a turnout, and people came out of the walls. best meet and eat i ever had. still floating on cloud nine thinking about the great time i had. going to really try to out do myself next year. :2133:

I couldn't agree with you more. We have had one 4 years in a row in VA and i think that the first one we only had 4 bikes there, the last one we had I think 20 bikes there. They keep getting bigger and bigger. I try to attend as many as I can. My goal is one a month. I'm a self employed contractor so I can't ride to work like alot of other members can. So this is a way to force me to get out and ride. So to all you other members, Just do one and you will get hooked. They are addicting.:thumbsup2:

Bob, Its a shame the Royal Knights, Motorcycle Club isn't around anymore, We used to do the Folage ride, right up til first snow, and then sometimes after that.

Most of the members joined Star Touring NY/VT chapter

To be honest with ya...I would not likely ever host a meet and eat. I do my best to get away from this area any chance I get! The riding here is not the best and roads are not great either.

That doesnt mean we dont ride around a fair bit and meet up with folks over coffee or burgers or something.....sure is nothing fancy like some of you folks put on.

Gonna get to some of those in a couple of years....

I agree with the sentiments of this thread, but the reality is often different than the desires. When I bought my first RSV in 2004 I tried for two years to get regular (or even irregular) meets going in the North Texas area with very little success. We have a LOT of members in this area, but I think the most I ever got together were 3 (with me being one of them!). Hell, Lowell rode over from East Texas more than anyone else would even ride from Dallas or Fort Worth! So I gave up. Obviously, I was doing something wrong, or maybe it was just me? But I still got tired of trying. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Goose,

We have the same problem in our area. Dan (Stardbog) tries to have them but we have little participation. Hell he even talked a local dealer out of several hundred dollars worth of coupons as well as shirts, hats etc.

We do have some so I don't want to make lite of them showing up, they are great people but with a give away like that we should have half of Illinois show up.

The other side of the coin is I meet with 5 other bikers every Saturday Morning and another group on Sunday morning. Happens about 52 weeks out of the year.

I've wanted to get down to St. Louis with Bill and them guys but haven't made it so far, one of these days.

Jerry

HEy Bill you just missed Carl's annual meet and eat. The people were great and so was the food and everyone is invited.

And Guess what, It did not rain. :rotf:

Actually Ontario, Michigan and the Ontario/Michigan try to get together at least once a month, when the weather is warm enough to ride.

Brad

M&E are not that hard to put on... people have so much going on these days that it is hard to commit. as far as good riding goes, we really have a great time just sitting and talking and getting know each other, hard to get to know a person at 70mph... The M&E we just had was great, alot going on this past weekend, so it made it hard for some folks to make it, but we will have another in the area soon...

Bill - I would like to put together a PA M&E. I've never been to one but would like to meet some fellow VR riders. How about some tips on organizing? I'm all ears (or eyes as the case may be).
post a meeting place in your area get a host motel lined up close to the meeting place,and set up a really scenic ride about 200 miles and they will come. i usually meet on saturday morning and have a breakfast some where,then the ride,and dinner at a restaurant. this year i had a barbeque at my house. got to make it worth them coming a long way so the earlier arrivals came to my house for coffee and pie on friday night. this was my third and best one yet. had people from canada, texas,arkansas oklahoma,and illinois,and missouri. i think i had the most fun just watching everyone else have a good time. bill

post a meeting place in your area get a host motel lined up close to the meeting place,and set up a really scenic ride about 200 miles and they will come. i usually meet on saturday morning and have a breakfast some where,then the ride,and dinner at a restaurant. this year i had a barbeque at my house. got to make it worth them coming a long way so the earlier arrivals came to my house for coffee and pie on friday night. this was my third and best one yet. had people from canada, texas,arkansas oklahoma,and illinois,and missouri. i think i had the most fun just watching everyone else have a good time. bill

Jeezzz - hotels, scenic rides, multiple meals ...?? No wonder I couldn't get anything going in North Texas; I was just trying to get folks to meet for lunch! :think: Guess I didn't think big enough.

Goose

I tried a while back to get a meet and eat here in Alabama on another MC site and the only two that responded weren't even from AL.; one from MS and one from TN. So I gave up. I've been hoping for one here in AL for quite a while. I tried to make one in GA but they started so early, I couldn't have made it driving time. I need the fellowship!!!

Marv.

What bill said is right. Sometimes over here on the east coast we forgo the ride and just hang out and B.S. We usually have a carb tune in the parking lot or some minor maintenance.

If you see that you are going to have out-of-towners then you should get some hotel info. Or offer them a place to stay. at the jacksonville FL meet and eat the Muffins and myself were the only two who spent the night. Muffins got the bedroom and I got the couch. (with the Great Dane:rotf:)

I tried a while back to get a meet and eat here in Alabama on another MC site and the only two that responded weren't even from AL.; one from MS and one from TN. So I gave up. I've been hoping for one here in AL for quite a while. I tried to make one in GA but they started so early, I couldn't have made it driving time. I need the fellowship!!!

Marv.

My first meet and eat we had only 4 bikes and only 2 were from VA. then the 2nd one we had I think 6 bikes and only 2 were from VA. It wasn't till the last M&E that the VA members out numbered the Out -of -town members. I go to alot of M&E's so, with me meeting other members and building friendships they usually try to attend mine. Here on the east coast (mid atlantic) we try to have a different state plan one a month. VA,WV,NC,SC,GA are usually the states that we all travel. I'm hopeing to someday soon hook up in the midwest for a couple M&E's. The M&E's I attend are usually a Fri, Sat, and Sun weekend for me. sometimes I take off late on friday and spend the night in route so I can make the meet time on sat morning.

So keep trying to get to one or keep having them. I figure that If i have a meet and eat and I'm the only one that shows up then at least I've gotten a good meal and a ride in.Just my :2cents: or more:whistling:

As most of you know by now, we have a Monthly M&E on every 2nd Saturday at a different location in the North GA area. The invitation to attend is always open to any and all of our friends, regardless of where you live. If you live too far to ride here comfortably on Saturday morning, please let me know. You can always ride in a day (or two, if necessary) early and we'll find you a place to stay overnight at a Forum Member's house, whether it's mine or Todd's (86er) or someone else's.

Terry

Anyone interested in an M&E in Northeast Wyoming/Western South Dakota area? We live between Sundance & Moorcroft, WY, about 3 miles north of I-90 and 18 miles south of Devil's Tower.:cool10: