IGNORED

Winter Bike Storage?

Richb

Long story short...I need to free up garage space this winter for my car. (Yes, I am planing ahead) I need some storage suggestions for my RSV. Has anyone used this? I am a little concerned as to how this will hold up to an Illinois winter.

http://www.cycleshelter.com/

Do you have any other suggestions? Due to ordinance restrictions in my sub-division, I can't build another shed in my back yard, so it has to be a "movable structure" if it's in my yard. I appreciate any other suggestions.

Long story short...I need to free up garage space this winter for my car. (Yes, I am planing ahead) I need some storage suggestions for my RSV. Has anyone used this? I am a little concerned as to how this will hold up to an Illinois winter.

http://www.cycleshelter.com/

Do you have any other suggestions? Due to ordinance restrictions in my sub-division, I can't build another shed in my back yard, so it has to be a "movable structure" if it's in my yard. I appreciate any other suggestions.

Yep, pick up a used 6x12 inclosed trailer with a rear ramp gate.....

Guest HdHtr

When I was up at Quantico, one of my neighbors had this shelter. Worked great, kept the bike snug throughout the winter I was there.

Movable structure eh. Same here or I pay more taxes.

We put together a 14x10 steel shed in the back yard. It is movable....just takes time to take it apart!

I dont think that thing would stand up to a good Illinois wet snow storm.

I like that trailer idea.

Yep, pick up a used 6x12 inclosed trailer with a rear ramp gate.....

Ive got a 6x10 enclosed continental cargo trailer as my garage parked in my 2nd parking spot at the condo. It has lights, storage and it meets my condo development requirements. Also, little fingers (and big) arent playing with the buttons and stuff on the bike.

I checked out building a shed or something like that and it was gonna run me a thousand bucks to get it to code, and I wanted a trailer anyway, so this is a no brainer for me.

Heres a link to check what they look like inside and out , I got the black one. http://www.continentalcargotrailer.com/contcargo/default.asp?page=models&unit=continental&choice=gallery

Brian:cool10::cool10:

If all you want to do is protect it for the winter, just go rent a small self storage unit. Just like a garage, and it will probably be cheaper than anything you could buy. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

+1

20 bux a month for 3 or 4 months a year is cheap compared to a trailer.

Long story short...I need to free up garage space this winter for my car.

Wow!! Due to retirement, and a remote starter, the wife has relinquished the garage to me! Goldie will not have to sleep in the shed, and I won't have to almost kill myself getting it out in the spring...

For year when i was in NH ihad no garage I built a 10x 10 plywood base with 2x6's and built my own tent shed I used the 1" square tube like pontoons use for the bimini tops. and had a frame every 16" with a pitched top and covered it with a heavy rip stop vinyl covered fiber fabric called Herculite. It had a zip open door and lasted for several years

Rich that looks like that thing would work pretty good... I saw one like that that didn't have a floor and I would worry about Dew... I'd say just make sure you use a kickstand coaster and you should be good to go.

I know of a guy here in Oz who bought himself an old shipping container to store all his stuff whilst he went overseas for a year, and rented out his home.

Put his Honda 750/4 in the container along with everything else, including an unsealed bucket of pool chlorine granules.

You figure out what his bike looked like when he got home and opened the container.