IGNORED

2nd Gen Hitch question

I've got a vertical receiver hitch for my Unigo trailer and it works fine. Inserting the hitch drawbar is no more difficult than a horizontal hitch. My bar is square instead of the rectanular bar on the Cheyenne hitch. I bought my hitch from Dauntless motors and I don't recommend them. Very poor customer service. For photos of my drawbar follow this link: http://www.traynorphoto.com/unigo/

DT

If I were in the market for a hitch, I would no doubt buy the hidden hitch that Diamond R sells. I really like the design. I already have a Bushtec hitch on my bike or that is the one I would buy. More money but I like that you can remove the stinger and then can't see the hitch.

I have the Venturedad hitch. I've had it for a couple of years now, its very well made and inexpensive. I'm very happy with it and would buy another one in an instant if I needed another one.

I have the Venturedad hitch. Keep in mind that if you want to put a cooler rack on the back it will make a cleaner closer install. Ask Double D on that one.

I just ordered the cooler rack below along with the Modulite wiring harness. When I get it all mounted I will post some pics. The Venturedad hitch when on is about 15 minutes and looks great.:2132:

I purchased a VentureDad hitch. I only took about 5 minutes to install once I found my tools (That's a longer story).

Great service when you contact them. He shipped the hitch out before I sent a check to him.

Les

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have a picture of a Vertical Hide a Hitch from Diamond-R installed on a bike already? Would like to see it on AND off. Also, what is the tongue rating and towing weight. I saw Venturedads is 40 lbs and 400 respectfully. Thanks. Ride safe and God Bless. Mike

Hey Midsrv,

How long have you had your unigo and are you satisfied with it. I had just about decided on the uigo but a friend on mine that rides a goldwing said a lot of the wingers had trouble with the fiberglass cracking on the unigo and they hadn't gotten very good customer service from unigo. I have been on the wing web site but haven't seen anyone mention problems with the unigo so it could just be rumor. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skunk328

I use the VentureDad. Very easy to install. Recently on a trip out east, the U-Bolts on one side of the axle of my trailer broke , the axle shifted and the tire blew. No problem with the hitch! I did have to buy a new trailer though!

Skunk328