IGNORED

Now I went and did it...

Moose

I had some free time and I was a little bored so I took my bike apart. I've been wanting to get it painted and I was getting some run arounds from the people I had approached. One guy finally told me what the problem was: They've never worked on an RSV and didn't have any idea how long it would take to take the thing apart and put back together. The painting was the easy part. Another guy pretty much told me the same thing so I had given up for this year. But it was bugging me so I took out the tools and got started. Took me about 5 hours on Saturday and 2 hours today, but I finally got everything taken apart. I tried to be meticulous and place all of the nuts and bolts in separate baggies that I labeled where they came from, but I got a mess of baggies with nuts and bolts in 'em. Unbelievable how much stuff has to be taken apart to get to the nuts and bolts that actually hold up the parts I was trying to take off. Anyway, it's apart and now I'll contact a couple of places to get the best deal (note: not necessarily the lowest price). In the meantime, I've got one more week of school and then I'm off to Mexico again. When I get back, the painting should be done and I can begin the task of figuring out where everything goes. It should be interesting.

Darrin,

You'd be real proud of me this time. As I had to unplug some (a lot) of wires I took special care to label the wires by wrapping tape around and writing coordinating numbers on each side before moving on to the next wire. I just truly couldn't have anticipated the number of things that had to be disconnected, unscrewed, and/or unbolted to take off the rear fender and the fairing.

I was thinking of replacing some of the wiring and changing the way it's all connected to the battery once all the parts come back. The good news is that I wasn't going to attempt this myself. The bad news is I was going to ask you to drop by and give me a hand. Won't be until sometime in June (or maybe July depending on how much trouble I have putting the parts back on).

Chuck

I'll say one thing for you Chuck you don't give up easily.:stirthepot:

Good luck and I'm looking forward to some more of that chicken while Darrin is putting the bike back together:stirthepot::stirthepot::rotfl::rotfl:

Have fun.

Jerry

That was pretty funny!

Okay, so far the menu includes chicken and Italian sausage with some Bacardi 151. C'mon guys, you're letting me off cheap! I'll have to whip up some kind of special dessert as an extra incentive.

That was pretty funny!

Okay, so far the menu includes chicken and Italian sausage with some Bacardi 151. C'mon guys, you're letting me off cheap! I'll have to whip up some kind of special dessert as an extra incentive.

Well since you're offering dessert, Sue and I may just come over for "moral support"...:rotf::rotf::rotf:. Way to go Chuck, glad to see you're getting into the mechanics of that bike. :080402gudl_prv:

That was pretty funny!

I don't know but that lemon pie was pretty good the last time even with the Millers LOL

Jerry

Sounds like you got it under control. But what COLOR??? We could do a poll on best color. Has that one been done??:think::stirthepot:

I'm thinking of white, but I may consider something more extravagant like pearl white.