IGNORED

Motorcycle bike lift..which one?

hoghead

Greetings,

I have been searching for the best bike lift for the best price naturally. :)

What have you found that works best on the RSV?

Craftsman usually has a sale every now and then but the user reviews make me want to run away. :whistling:

Thanks in advance.

hh

Lift or Jack? Personally, I don't think there is much difference in the jacks. I have looked at them at Sam's, Pep Boys, and Sears, and they are very similar. I have the Sears one, and I find it just fine. My only concern is that the lowering lever is touchy and difficult to "ease" down. All of them need some type of adapter to fit around the engine. Most seem to use hockey pucks, but I just use 2x2 wood blocks. Use it a lot and like it a lot.

I wouldn't put a monster like the RSV on a lift table. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Edited by V7Goose

It doesn't matter which lift you use as long as you get a lift stand from Carbon One. It are listed in the classifieds and is the best thing since sliced bread.:thumbsup2:

I had the lifting kit with my jack to pick the RSV up. It worked OK, but it was a pain to get the bike balanced. With the lift stand you can pick the bike up and then put the legs under the stand and have a VERY steady bike when you do your work.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

I have the sears lift and Carbon_0nes lift frame adapter and they work really well together.

While at Myrtle Beach this past week I saw a demonstration, well actually I was the demonstration for the Pit Bull lift and was thoroughly impressed with this thing.

I am a BIG guy, upwards of 290 and they had a Road King on this lift, then they had me get on the right side floorboard while the guy doing the demonstration was crawling all over the bike. He got on the left side, went to the back fender and sat on it then moved onto the same side as me right behind me and the jack never once moved or even gave the slightest bit. I was amazed. I's gonna be saving my penny's for one of them things.

Oh yeah when I got on the MC and lift the guy used one finger to move the bike, me, and the lift around.

http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/

After shopping this morning I have decided to go with the air/foot driven Pit Bull lift with Venture adapter.

My Mother always told me you get what you pay for. :) It was not cheap but neither is the cost of a new Venture or replacement parts if an accident occurs. They were $50.00 off which covers some of the shipping.

Ships in three (3) weeks and I will post up pictures and a review. Maybe a video if I can figure out how to upload one. :)

hh

I have had a Pit Bull for 6 years w/no problems. Used it to lift a Yamaha Silverado Roadstar as well as a 1st Gen with no problems. And you can roll the bike around on a smooth surface to get to the ideal work surface. Pit Bulls are made to last (Of course, they're made HERE!!!!) with ease of use and no problems.:322: