IGNORED

2008 VentureRider Rally in Ontario needs your attention.

Guest ReinyRooster

hi garyn

got to remember mapquest is direct line as possible. i won't always be going in a stright line. i've got friends in and around cleveland, ohio that i have not seen in a few years. some family that live around pittsburgh, and north up to clarien, oil city, erie. on over to buffalo,n.y. then over to kitchener. back down to detroit then down to knoxville, then home to houston. so i'll be making a big trip around the pond to try to see old friends. might be able to talk sweetnothing out of a slice of her famous cheesecake before heading back south. expect to log around 5,000 miles or more in 15 days.

best reguards

don c.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi reiny

can you give us an update on the t-shirt sales for the rally? how close are we to having the 100 you need for the price break. i could buy a couple more myself if that would help. my old wing t-shirts are starten to get a little holy. will make great polishing rags for the 2ed gen.

i figure if even 1/3 of the venturerider membership bought just one t-shirt that would save the t-shirt sales.

best reguards

don c.

Guest King_of_squirrels

Hi

I don't have the exact number until I get updated information from Hal but there's probably around 35 t-shirt orders, including the people who signed up for the rally, which is a lot less than expected to get the price break.

Al

hi reiny

can you give us an update on the t-shirt sales for the rally? how close are we to having the 100 you need for the price break. i could buy a couple more myself if that would help. my old wing t-shirts are starten to get a little holy. will make great polishing rags for the 2ed gen.

i figure if even 1/3 of the venturerider membership bought just one t-shirt that would save the t-shirt sales.

best reguards

don c.

Unfortunately the rally is scheduled in the middle of plant shutdown and I will be working. Depending on which shift I am on (don't know this yet) I would like to come out for the day or an evening. I will let you know when I find out which probably will not be until the week before and hopefully my daughter and I will come down and meet up with some people.

It is only about an hours ride for me to Kitchener.

Doug

Guest ReinyRooster

KeithR, yes we need the commitment up front as we are well short of the number of shirts we need to get the pricing we want. If we don't get enough orders, we will not be getting t-shirts.

dr_bar - follow the link in my signature and it will take you to the rally page that has the various links for ordered shirts and patches.

hi reiny

i'll commit to to 10 more t-shirts and patches that will give me a even dozen. i looked up the the texas venturerider membership and saw about 322 riders that were registered. if each person of that 322 bought a t-shirt that would pull the t-shirts out of the hole.

reiny i hope at least everyone will get behind the t-shirts and patch sales. we already know their's not going to be 100 people show up. they could at least support the t-shirt/patch sales.

best reguards

don c.

p.s. if just 10 venturerider members in every state would buy, wow wouldn't that be something.

Guest ReinyRooster

Don, I hear what you're saying my friend. It's very disappointing when you have a membership of over 4,000 and you can't sell 100 t-shirts.

Reiny

Thanks for the clarification on the shirts.......I was going to wait till the rally to get additional shirts......gonna need some clean ones for ride home!!!

Order sent off for shirts and patch's.

Keith

Hey Reiny,

I've been buried in work and haven't been on the site much. I'm all registered and did a couple of Ts and trailer tickets too. The Mrs & I are really looking forward to this. I'm surprised there aren't more signed up as well. I wonder if the border crossing did hold some people back. i know there were some threads that sounded intimidating, but if you have a passport it's really a breeze other than waiting in line for a while.

Can you give some updated counts? If a couple more Ts or tickets might get us over a hump I could probably swing 1 or 2 more. As far as breakfast anything that allows us to get together is fine with us. We may be able to do a couple of large grill cook-out type things too. We'll make it work with however many we end up with. We had less than a dozen at the last Northeast gathering and it was a BLAST!

Guest ReinyRooster

Greg, good to hear you're getting wound-up for this thing...so are we. I am gonna get a head-count from Hal late Sunday, unless he jumps in earlier with some numbers...I am tied up all weekend and won't have any time to get to the computer.

Looking forward to having time to sit around a fire at night and swapping lies.

I'm on the East Coast... probably the most eastern member here (in USA) .. My vacation time is spoken for... Who's idea was it to schedule a motorcycle event Monday - Thursday... Don't think I ever seen that before. .. Good Luck with your event.

hi maineac

i couldn't make the ft.collins rally 'cause my vacation time had all ready been spoken for so i know what your saying. everyone had a chance to suggest a date for this rally. then everyone had a chance to vote for the best date. so it was a groupe effort of all the venturerider membership WHO voted and this date had the most votes.

now i have commited my self to ride my bike all the way from houston to the rally. how ever many show up i plan on having a great time,and they that show up will too. everyone can help support the rally even if you can't come. just buy a t-shirt & patch. the committe needs 100 firm paid in full t-shirt & patch sales NOW to get a price break. i think there's only about 35 paid up front sales so far. let me change that to 45 'cause i just paid for 10 more t-shirts & patches. but i won't get those if they can't get the first 100 firm p.i.f. orders. there won't be any ( i'll just wait and buy them there.) these folks can't afford to pay for this stuff out of their pockets and then not be able to sell them.

i hope i haven't offened anyone that's was not my intend just trying to restate what's all ready been said.

hope everyone has a great holiday and please remember what it stands for.

don c.

The first one for this site was Potatoe Creek. It was just a few days. Many drove far to attend and found it was just too short. Then Arkansas...missed that one. Colorado was a week. Great...worthwhile driving all that way even if we had to tie the tent to the bikes to keep it upright!

Members came and went as their schedule demanded..some, like us, called it the summer holidays and after event was over continued on with the rest of their trip.

This year if its still a go we are bringing our kids (11 and 15). They can play at the park or ride with us. They wont be bored.

This is our summer holidays as it is at least a 3 day drive for us one way. We will putter down and enjoy the journey. Meet so many folks that we forget who is who but have a great time anyway!

We have been looking forward to this since its conception and will be really dissapointed if it dies.

Yo gunboat relax man... I was explaining why I can't make the event and probably why the numbers are down.. M-TH is probably fine for retired members but probably kind of tough for the working crowd.. I thought I might ride over for a weekend or something then I checked the dates and was a little surprised at the M-Th format... I had assumed a weekend would be involved.. I know ASS U ME .. I guess there is a 1st for everything but I really have never seen a M-Th bike event that's all no offense intended.

If I had seen the thread on the vote on what days to stage the event I would have made my made my thoughts known then... I guess I missed the vote.

hope you have a nice time

hay maineac

no offence taken and i hope i didn't offend you. please understand i was just trying to spur the t-shirt sales on. the committe has worked so hard to set this event up and running. they just need our help in what ever way we can. but as reiny has said time is running out.

as i have stated i have been behind this event sense i read about it here last oct or nov. i'am not retired & i'll will have to keep working till i'am at least 65. i work for a company that makes us bid on our vacation time off a year in advance ( union shop ). so i was just lucky to bid my vacation time off around this event.

best reguards

don c.

I'm on the East Coast... probably the most eastern member here (in USA) .. My vacation time is spoken for... Who's idea was it to schedule a motorcycle event Monday - Thursday... Don't think I ever seen that before. .. Good Luck with your event.

Last year Ft.Collins was scheduled for a Monday to Friday. Gave folks 2 days to get there and two days to get back. However, everyone started bailing on Thurs for a more leisurely ride home, and giving everyone a Sunday to kick back before going back to work. Myself included. So this years rally is based on past experience....ergo Monday thru Thursday. I would have thought this years event would have gotten a lot more interest from those members in the Midwest and great lakes area due to it being a lot closer than Colorado. It's a 3-4 day ride for most of us out here in the west and that's why I opted out this time around. But rest assured if it were being held anywhere within a two days ride I'd be there. A two day ride from Kirchner covers a lot of members.

Last year Ft.Collins was scheduled for a Monday to Friday. Gave folks 2 days to get there and two days to get back. .

This was the reason we planned for mid week, so that anyone travelling far would not miss the front end or rear. Not too mention if it started on a friday and you had two days of driving you would time off in different work weeks.

The Kitchener group had to travel three days to get to Fort Collins. and it was nice that it started on a Monday.

BRad