IGNORED

Cherry's Delinquent Little Sister

SilveradoCA

49807709681_c7b8567595_b.jpg

49807155938_97472f01e7_b.jpg

If my big, beautiful Yamaha RSV (below) is a hot rodded 1940's Caddy, this thing is a hot rodded lawn tractor. It's as if you shrunk a Harley sportster chassis in the dryer and then bolted a huge dirt bike engine in it.

This one comes with such timeless modifications as an eBay tachometer mounted with a hardware store hose clamp and a bracket which may be a refrigerator door hinge pounded flat, black painted-over chrome that wasn't prepped first, a home-brew garage welded header adaptor (worth AT LEAST a sixer) to mount a Harley Dyna muffler, some LED rear signals that obviously don't have an inline resistor, and just enough carb jet ####ering to make it backfire about as loud as a .45...

When I picked it up on Monday, the bar risers were flipped around facing forward, and it was wearing a set of canvas saddlebags that looked like they were a re-purposed gardening apron, and a generic fake leather fork bag... on the rear fender, held on with quick link chain couplers, from the next aisle over from the tachometer mounts. It cost me $4.81 to fill the mostly empty tank.

Cherry my Yamapotamus weighs 900lbs before I sit on her, and makes about 110HP. This Lil' ##### weighs less than the combined weights of the last 2 women I let conquer me. Supposedly makes about 32HP, and I'll buy it. Seat is about as high as on a kid's dirt bike; the hot nurse at my Dr.'s office swears I'm only 5'5", and I think a hot nurse much shorter than me could stand over it to do smokey burnouts.

It's like that ugly little ####### dog my sister has; it's just so ridiculous in both ego and stature that I laugh every time I look at it, but when you take it for a walk, it just pulls and pulls like a miniature locomotive. (Wait, maybe that's me.)

I picked it up because Her Majesty in all her ponderous largesse needs some big work done, and now that I have a garage there's no universe where I'm paying shop rates for it all. It'll take a week just to get all the safety chrome off.

Taryn Manning cost me about the same as a good set of golf clubs or a couple of hours at the Spearmint Rhino, including those sweet bags and a box of spare parts. She needs tires; in fact that's the original 9 year old front donut. I can do 'em in my awesome garage. The previous owner did have the good sense to do two decent known mods (petcock transplant and cam chain tensioner), and it has fresh oil and a new-ish battery. These things are easy to bob, chop or scramble, and I think I might if I can get Mad Max's pretty cousin fixed up by fall.

It's F'n hilarious and awesome and you should get one.

41829219854_f342f0ef0f_b.jpg

Edited by SilveradoCA

Yup; a low compression single that shares some parts with the DR650, hung in a bike that has been mostly unchanged since the late 80's. Some time in the 90's Suzuki added a 5th gear, though I'm not sure why, because the gears are so long you really only need 3 of them LOL. This is a 2011 example, and the previous owner says it will go about 130Km/h, but not well; being so small and light, the flapping of a bat's wings in China can push it all over the place. More of a mild urban hooligan bike that's dead simple with just the 1 jug, 1 carb, belt drive and air cooling. Where parts for the RSV seem to be made from unicorn essence and priced as if they were solid gold, parts for this are common and cheap.

The bike certainly makes a statement, only it's the same kind of impression you'd get from an 11 year old kid in a Sons of Anarchy vest.

Your writing prowess is a breath of fresh air during the ups and downs of present day issues Silver!! Concerning your new steed,, due to its cool chrome OEM forward controls and spoke wheels it screams CHOP ME" to a 46 degree rake,, slap on an 18 over Springer and an old school King/Queen seat with a 6 foot twisted steel sissy bar topped off with a functional bayonet scabbard built into the top of it.. Then a quick wheelie down mainstreet of Sturgis during the rally would be in its DNA, IMHO of course LOL

Your writing prowess is a breath of fresh air during the ups and downs of present day issues Silver!! Concerning your new steed,, due to its cool chrome OEM forward controls and spoke wheels it screams CHOP ME" to a 46 degree rake,, slap on an 18 over Springer and an old school King/Queen seat with a 6 foot twisted steel sissy bar topped off with a functional bayonet scabbard built into the top of it.. Then a quick wheelie down mainstreet of Sturgis during the rally would be in its DNA, IMHO of course LOL

Thanks 'puc! I've had a hard time writing since I quit drinking, but this little blurb came out OK I think.

You sure described a chopper alright! I can see it clear as day. On this bike, a 6 foot wrought iron sissy bar would make it wheelie without engine power, like a really curvy woman leaning a little too far back on a bar stool.

Thanks 'puc! I've had a hard time writing since I quit drinking, but this little blurb came out OK I think.

You sure described a chopper alright! I can see it clear as day. On this bike, a 6 foot wrought iron sissy bar would make it wheelie without engine power, like a really curvy woman leaning a little too far back on a bar stool.

You are more than welcome brother,, I call em as I see em and obviously,, you and I call em and see em very closely from the same perspective :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

:biker::biker::guitarist 2:

I have seen very similar bikes in Mexico. The main difference being that the bikes I was looking at there had dual rear wheels and I think. a smaller engine.

I'm sure these are wildly popular in the 3rd world. I'm sure it was designed by a Japanese farmer; it's totally crude from stem to stern, but in a very Japanese sort of way.

I think the dual rears were for the sand and dirt. Saw 6-7 of them.

I for one would LOVE to see a pic of what you guys are talking of.. For the life me,, I just cant quite pull it from my bike invested memory bank.. Something only allowed off shore of the U.S. maybe? Besides three wheelers like the ones the regulators outlawed back in the late 80's (Honda 350/200x, Yam 250 Tri Z and on and on and so forth and so on) the only thing that comes to mind are the Honda moped line of the Gyro's (had a few,, neat little mopeds) but they were definitely not a dirt bike... Come on ya lop eared sea loving varmint Sailor = give!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

I did take some pics but I am a Troglodyte when it comes to computers. The one I have is coal fired but I have managed to master the on/off switch and a couple other basics. The pic at the start of this thread looks just like them but they had dual rear wheels side by side under the same fender.

Now I want to mount the ass end out of an old Honda trike on the bike, and mount a sombrero the size of a satellite dish on my melon, and tear ass around on a beach throwing twin rooster tails of sand while howling madly in a Canuck version of a Mexican accent. Andalé! Arriba eh! Like if Speedy Gonzales had Castor Canadensis for a cousin. Have to shave a Pancho Villa style handlebar moustache out of my beard to do it though.

Second on the 'pics please', if you can grok the how-to, Sailor.

Personnally,, I ALWAYS thought those early, outlawed by those who seek to protect me from me, three wheelers had wayyyyy more personality than quads ever dreamed of and were a LOT more fun!! That joy found in them followed me way into geezerdom.. When finished with the one in the vid,, I spent hours tossing donuts in the field and riding it on two wheels just like the good old days... Talk about fun!!

Challenge....I have a picture of a motorcycle with an enclosed sidecar. The unique thing is there are no handle bars on the motorcycle but there is a steering wheel in the side car. The driver rode in the sidecar and the passenger rode on the bike. Can you identify it?

Challenge....I have a picture of a motorcycle with an enclosed sidecar. The unique thing is there are no handle bars on the motorcycle but there is a steering wheel in the side car. The driver rode in the sidecar and the passenger rode on the bike. Can you identify it?

This sounds like something I saw on a show. It was a custom rig for a guy in a wheel chair.

?????

1913-sidecar-steer.png?w=629&h=436

I went through the National Motorcycle Museum in Solihull England years ago. I took a lot of pictures. I have one of a setup very similar as the one with the lady in the sidecar. The other one I have is a lot newer and has an all metal, fully enclosed, sidecar with a steering wheel and no handlebars on the bike. I still have all the pictures but I seem to have misplaced the identifying list. In 2003 there was a fire which destroyed a good portion of the building and hundreds of bikes were destroyed. When they announced they were going to rebuild as much as they could motorcyclists around the world sent old parts to help out. Over 300 bikes were rebuilt.

In England you were taxed on the number of wheels your vehicle had. Two wheels was cheapest followed by three wheels and then four wheels the most expensive. The result was many innovative three wheeled bikes and cars.