IGNORED

Air?

Patch

Sorry if you disagree but it wasn't handled, there were still political posts being made. They simply aren't allowed.

Wait. It was being handled at mans speed, not the speed of light!

Loyalty consists of trust.

Let’s all take a minute to reflect about the brain trust, intrusted to this forum/

Sure we remember our high school years but, we are not of those reckless years.

We have one case to my recollect of recant that chose to tuck tail and beat it, good reddens.

You were right on that one! I am right on this one!

I vote it be reinstalled and let us press it out ourselves. We have earned that trust; is my opinion!

And thanks to all that disagree with me as it inspires me to do and be a better…

Lesson learned - did not mean to insult anyone and my post was directed at our Candadian friends. As I said, "Just My Opinion". Will not do it again.

Too many assumptions, Canadian follow your networks more than we follow our own. And you spelt Canadian wrongly

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum is not a democracy. Don created this site to inform, collate with and entertain one another. Politics tend to get ugly, whether in practice or just in conversation, and this site is one of the few I've ever come across that's able to remain civil. We all understand the rules, and when they're violated Don will step in to bring the thread back to within guidelines. I'm at least as passionate about political issues as the next guy / gal, but generally don't talk about it with my family at Thanksgiving, because I know it can get ugly, and I'd rather not ruin the holiday.

In that spirit, I understand why such talk is forbidden at VR, as we are a family here as well. I should further say that CWTART responded appropriately when cautioned. That says a lot about his maturity.....must be a good guy.

Now, let's get back to the fun stuff.:beer:

Uncle, I respect your effort to calm troubled waters, thank you!

A couple of points: Should I respect enough to address a point of view other than my own ?

Yes, I will reason with him, perhaps appeal to his better or more considerate side/personality, but; I will not forbid him his thinking nor will I accept twice a patronising “sorry” .

I will however carve a path broad enough ”given the chance” to allow a man to recoil and recompose a misstep!

My post which was removed was not political and I stated as much. It is an observation, then it was assumed to be political by Dad and CWTART. If I had been asked to clarify my position believe me I would have!

This is likely hard to understand if you are not aware of exactly what and how the events transpired.

Allow me to share a dirty bit of Canadian history almost forgotten by those of us that did not have to live thru it. My province in order to control its population formed a segment of government we called

“The Language Police” it was a cruel and vile assault on an educated proud people which still remains as a sore spot and a best forgotten time in our not so long ago past.

My track record is one of boundaries providing, they are flexible enough to allow for a man to catch his breath and make the proper adjustment (s). Why stifle the opportunity to correct a position?

Those are my stripes I doubt they will experience mush change;)

One last thing: The “civil” nature are why many of us settled here, that is who we are, and worth remembering when such events as earlier in the day happen.

Uncle, I respect your effort to calm troubled waters, thank you!

A couple of points: Should I respect enough to address a point of view other than my own ?

Yes, I will reason with him, perhaps appeal to his better or more considerate side/personality, but; I will not forbid him his thinking nor will I accept twice a patronising “sorry” .

I will however carve a path broad enough ”given the chance” to allow a man to recoil and recompose a misstep!

My post which was removed was not political and I stated as much. It is an observation, then it was assumed to be political by Dad and CWTART. If I had been asked to clarify my position believe me I would have!

This is likely hard to understand if you are not aware of exactly what and how the events transpired.

Allow me to share a dirty bit of Canadian history almost forgotten by those of us that did not have to live thru it. My province in order to control its population formed a segment of government we called

“The Language Police” it was a cruel and vile assault on an educated proud people which still remains as a sore spot and a best forgotten time in our not so long ago past.

My track record is one of boundaries providing, they are flexible enough to allow for a man to catch his breath and make the proper adjustment (s). Why stifle the opportunity to correct a position?

Those are my stripes I doubt they will experience mush change;)

One last thing: The “civil” nature are why many of us settled here, that is who we are, and worth remembering when such events as earlier in the day happen.

I also had a post removed and given the nature and purpose of this site, I'm OK with that. I'm a little harsh at times and I know that I can - and probably will - offend some even though it is not meant to. Yes, we are adults and should be able to deal and cope with differing opinions as such but unfortunately the few tend to shoot that in the foot for the many. I understand the 'Language Police' but as stated by Uncle - this is no democracy. The policy helps the admins (Don) too so that he can act quickly and decisively globally without having to pick and choose. Do it, tell about it and move on.

I also had a post removed and given the nature and purpose of this site, I'm OK with that. I'm a little harsh at times and I know that I can - and probably will - offend some even though it is not meant to. Yes, we are adults and should be able to deal and cope with differing opinions as such but unfortunately the few tend to shoot that in the foot for the many. I understand the 'Language Police' but as stated by Uncle - this is no democracy. The policy helps the admins (Don) too so that he can act quickly and decisively globally without having to pick and choose. Do it, tell about it and move on.

Try this **** no matter how many times you try, the spelling comes out the same.

This one **** “ “ “

That sir is the interface between box and human.

“Mano e mano” a mating/rhythm that a box response cannot experience much less understanding!

The reference to the Language Police is fact because it is history. It should not be assumed to pertain to a moderator’s responsibility towards the greater good!

Our compass points remain at opposites. A post needed correction or removal, that choice was presented. However, Dad chose to include my post without opportunity to defend my position.

I feel I am getting a spanking because my brother broke the window!

All I was trying to do was help him repair the thing before Dad felt he needed to step in!

Now the ball is out of Tarts court, it remains between Dad and I.

If you think this is the first time I stand my ground and talk back to Freebird & Marcarl you might want to take a seat then, over in a sheltered corner; the dishes are still in the kitchen cabinet;)

I do not have to take a position, I choose to. Tho I know Puc is whispering don’t;)

My son flew in from Germany last night. He has some sort of flu and feels pretty down. I went to two drug stores today looking for masks and both had been sold out for weeks. I guess that you might imagine what you might do, but reality is different.

zag

Funny, I expressed this same theory of China thinning the herd so to speak. Also what a better way to spread germ warfare then to send germs in those bubble packs that SOME people cant stand to leave alone. I hate those dang things popping. It annoys me. I thought that about anthrax years back.

My son flew in from Germany last night. He has some sort of flu and feels pretty down. I went to two drug stores today looking for masks and both had been sold out for weeks. I guess that you might imagine what you might do, but reality is different.

zag

Had a bit of time so went looking for risks out of Germany, not much mention.. I did another search for Europe still not too remarkable.

Here's a link

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/travel-guide/a31141607/coronavirus-travel-europe/

this is not a good time to travel. I've been closely following the corona virus outbreak since early january. We are in the early stages of a global pandemic. The US is not prepared and it will get worse here. The same can be said for Canada I believe.

Try this **** no matter how many times you try, the spelling comes out the same.

This one **** “ “ “

That sir is the interface between box and human.

“Mano e mano” a mating/rhythm that a box response cannot experience much less understanding!

The reference to the Language Police is fact because it is history. It should not be assumed to pertain to a moderator’s responsibility towards the greater good!

Our compass points remain at opposites. A post needed correction or removal, that choice was presented. However, Dad chose to include my post without opportunity to defend my position.

I feel I am getting a spanking because my brother broke the window!

All I was trying to do was help him repair the thing before Dad felt he needed to step in!

Now the ball is out of Tarts court, it remains between Dad and I.

If you think this is the first time I stand my ground and talk back to Freebird & Marcarl you might want to take a seat then, over in a sheltered corner; the dishes are still in the kitchen cabinet;)

I do not have to take a position, I choose to. Tho I know Puc is whispering don’t;)

We will remain on opposite ends on this and no need to look for a safe place for me. This is not a government trying to block free speech, it is a privately run forum for a specific purpose. The guidelines and policies are open for all to see what they are before they sign up. I still believe that private people still have a say in what they do. I also believe that this is a private board and those who moderate it say it what is allowed. Once that is done we choose to participate or not under the guidelines of the private entity (the board).

zag

Hope your son feels better soon. I travel quite a bit domestically to and this is the start of allergy season here for me. Tree pollen gives me a nagging light cough every year. I lightly coughed into my sleeve on an elevator and the only other person moved as far away as she could. I had to laugh but should've just given her a hug ;-)

this is not a good time to travel. I've been closely following the corona virus outbreak since early january. We are in the early stages of a global pandemic. The US is not prepared and it will get worse here. The same can be said for Canada I believe.

Yes sir! You know Randy it amazes me how man can repeat forked up history? Look at the country where yet another plague has spun from jumping from animal to man thru a negligent mindset..

They climbed their economy at every other peoples expense.. How else can we look at this?

Look at their industry pollution; selfish selfish behavior!

We spin within OUR atmosphere and pay 24/7 for their negligent.

Look at their expansions, what is their grand plan? They have empty brand new cities, why? They plow over there agriculture as tho they will not need it?

Hard to figure.

We will remain on opposite ends on this and no need to look for a safe place for me. This is not a government trying to block free speech, it is a privately run forum for a specific purpose. The guidelines and policies are open for all to see what they are before they sign up. I still believe that private people still have a say in what they do. I also believe that this is a private board and those who moderate it say it what is allowed. Once that is done we choose to participate or not under the guidelines of the private entity (the board).

I don't get what you're saying or the tone?

But I do know what started this.

You proved my point; perhaps leaving it to the 2 hard heads in the center of this, is the best way forward.

Now let me vent a moment: Monday I sent for the 3rd time a PM, I was sure before this happened that we were due, say past due!

In this PM I mentioned traffic some thoughts, and that in MY opinion I sensed the need to engage! I wrote that I was thinking the traffic was due to a missing path, or a friend/family opportunity to vent on news feeds that the members ONLY

could access! Why? (my favorite start to everything) Because we are family and friends, which may provide an opportunity for those of us who have settled here and proven to get along even thru disagreements. Why? Because we consider each others impact!

This is not my fist forum, it is tho just the only one now.

If I feel Dad needs a kick in then chin than let him deal with it, as I with him!

Tell you somethin else, Don told me some time back that if I disagree with him to bring it, and that is where it is!

Watering Hole is a sub forum and as such fall within house rules.. Maybe another sub is of benefit to the family, with rules to get in, and some privacy to express the current events that effect us all but in different ways and from different view points!? Like somethin with a vote to topics and to remove or correct vicious remarks..

People are just wound to tight these days, that leads to itchy trigger fingers.

One last note: Look at what Zag did, he turned the thread with his post, how, he mentioned family. Think he doesn't know what he's doin, hmm!

Not sure why this is still being discussed. It's fine but is not going to change anything. Political posts will be deleted. End of story. This was not just my decision. It was put to the vote of the membership long ago and has been re-affirmed a couple of times since. The result was overwhelmingly in favor of NO POLITICAL POSTS. It wasn't even close. So discuss it all you wish but they will continue to be deleted.

Not sure why this is still being discussed. It's fine but is not going to change anything. Political posts will be deleted. End of story. This was not just my decision. It was put to the vote of the membership long ago and has been re-affirmed a couple of times since. The result was overwhelmingly in favor of NO POLITICAL POSTS. It wasn't even close. So discuss it all you wish but they will continue to be deleted.

You have cautioned me once before on a thread that started one way then steered its way to show political leanings.

Was I talking to myself? Of course not, I do that in private!

None the less I agreed with you ,in the open and, the rest is history.

Now I still do not see my deleted post as being political! I can't help it if I built a door that lead to a political comment!

Now, I am wondering what is going to be determined as a political post?

Obviously this is not the first time the family has been faced with this crossing. I bet that many of those same members are still with the forum today; but, times have changed, pressures have changed, perhaps there exists a way to exchange and still be the gentlemen we have proudly displayed!?

My opinion to think on is this, is there a divide say between a comment by Puc couple years back (I'm not mentioning it) and Tart's of a couple days back? Does not discussing it do more than keep the divide in the dark?

For me I am Canadian, I simply wasn't born with an opinion;)

The US is not prepared and it will get worse here. The same can be said for Canada I believe.

Was just watching the briefing, the question was asked but not answered about can the non insured get tested?

That has to be a yes right. If you know how that works in the U.S. could you share that..

In Canada its a matter of a phone call to a clinic in your area then they inform you where to go. You can also just show up but...

Was just watching the briefing, the question was asked but not answered about can the non insured get tested?

That has to be a yes right. If you know how that works in the U.S. could you share that..

In Canada its a matter of a phone call to a clinic in your area then they inform you where to go. You can also just show up but...

I'm not a doctor, and haven't been thru having to do what you ask. There have been a few posts or news articles that I've seen where patients are being charged between $3,000-3,500 USD for the corona virus test by a medical provider (hospital or clinic) One story indicated that a patient with insurance still had a co-pay charge of $1,500. I am over 65 and have medicare, so I checked the Medicare web page recently, and it states that Medicare part B completely covers a coronavirus test if recommended by a medical doctor. I'm not aware of a walkin clinic. I do subscribe to the State of Georgia Healthcare bulletins which I get almost daily and usually scan.

I just revisited the George Health Dept web site. It does have several pages about corona virus. The one with the heading 'If you think you are sick' repeatedly says 'see your healthcare provider'. Thats all.

As a caveat, doctors here US frequently recommend lots of tests once they get you in an exam room, so am cautious now that this (lots of unneeded tests) has happened before. I'm not sure if a tele call to my local public health clinic (where I get my flu shots) can initiate the procedure to get a corona virus test. The clinic has nurses, but not on staff MDs. I should find that out, as the doctor I was seeing retired last year, and I picked up my file before he locked up shop, but haven't gone to a doctor for about 18 months now.

There's a lot of recriminations going around right now. So here's some music to sooth the savage beast in all of us.

I've been looking at Chinese Youtubes recently for information about covid-19 and stumbled across some music that I enjoy hearing.

This was the first one I found.

The above was written by this folk guitarist https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr6nWBf2klGnVGP8fFt6kLA

Enjoy

Clever!;)

What does no recriminations mean?

Sometimes you accuse your opponent of refusing to compromise and he accuses you of the same thing. That's a recrimination, an accusation or insult that's hurled back at someone. If you've ever been in a verbal disagreement with someone, odds are that you've experienced recriminations.

I'm listening to this, expect a dual with "playing for change"