IGNORED

headsets illegal????

Jethroish

Just got a new headset and it came with the warning that "helmet speakers are not leagal in all state."

Never heard that before.

Guess I better look to see where so I know when I am breaking the law.

:scubadive:

Laws vary state by state but often you can legally listen to music with a head set in one ear but not two. Check wwwFindLaw.com and you should be able to check with your states laws.

Gee, next thing you know they won't let us use our cell phones or text message each other as we go down the road!! Hmmm. Now that I think about it, that might not be a good idea after all. So how are you going to unplug just one speaker to be legal?:confused24::confused24::confused24:

Laws vary state by state but often you can legally listen to music with a head set in one ear but not two. .

having just one speaker "active" ....you could say you're deaf in one ear so only one speaker is active .... knowhutImean?

:sign20:

Info from the Penndot website:

CHAPTER 33

RULES OF THE ROAD IN GENERAL

§ 3314. Prohibiting use of hearing impairment devices.

(a) General rule.--No driver shall operate a vehicle while wearing or using one or more

headphones or earphones.

(b) Exception.--This section does not prohibit the use of hearing aids or other devices for improving the hearing of the driver, nor does it prohibit the use of a headset in conjunction with a cellular telephone that only provides sound through one ear and allows surrounding sounds to be heard with the other ear, nor does it prohibit the use of communication equipment by the driver of an emergency vehicle or by motorcycle operators complying with section 3525 (relating to protective equipment for motorcycle riders).

CHAPTER 35

SPECIAL VEHICLES AND PEDESTRIANS

§ 3525. Protective equipment for motorcycle riders.

(a) Protective headgear.--Except as provided in subsection (d), no person shall operate or ride

upon a motorcycle or a motor-driven cycle (other than a motorized pedalcycle) unless he is wearing

protective headgear which complies with standards established by the department.

(b) Eye-protective devices.--No person shall operate or ride upon a motorcycle (other than a

motorized pedalcycle or a three-wheeled motorcycle equipped with an enclosed cab) unless he is

wearing an eye-protective device of a type approved by the department.

© Approval of equipment.--The department may approve or disapprove protective headgear

and eye-protective devices required under this section and may issue and enforce regulations

establishing standards and specifications for the approval of the headgear and devices. The department

shall publish lists of all protective headgear and eye-protective devices by name and type which have

been approved.

(d) Exception.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to the following:

(1) The operator or any occupant of a three-wheeled motorcycle equipped with an

enclosed cab.

(2) A person 21 years of age or older who has been licensed to operate a

motorcycle for not less than two full calendar years.

(3) A person 21 years of age or older who has completed a motorcycle rider safety

course approved by the department or the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

(4) The passenger of a person exempt under this subsection if the passenger is 21

years of age or older.

AWWH now you ruined my fun. My favorite pastime is to ride and read this website on my laptop while drinking coffee as I go to work in the morning. Guess I will have to just turn up my MP3 player a bit louder and go back to shaving.

JB

:rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf::sign funny post: