IGNORED

RSV Center Stands

Freebird

I've had a few folks email me about the center stands that I used to make. As I have replied, I no longer offer the stands. I was talking to Allen at Diamond R Accessories the other day though and he tells me this:

"I have received about 8-10 of our center stands from the

machine shop if you hear of anyone wanting one. These are ones that they had

enough parts left after we quit carrying them to make complete stand.

However, I will be out of pocket for about 6 weeks, I am having another knee

replacement in the morning. After I get back up and around to where I can I

will start putting them together."

So contact Allen if you are interested.

So, does this mean that Diamond R will no longer sell RSV center stands? Does anyone else? Do I have to act now or loose the chance to buy one? I planned to buy one this year, but I didn't think my options were that limited.

Please reply if you know the future availabilty of RSV Center Stands.

Russ

They haven't sold them for a year or more. He says they will again but are looking for a new manufacturer I think. Don't know when they will have any more after these are gone. I think that Rivco still makes one also but there were several reports here of the Rivco stands breaking.

Some time ago we had a discussion on this topic, and the question was raised if the plans for the center stand could be posted on the site. As some of us do have the capacity to build one of these items, it was hoped that the drawings could be shared with the members. I didn't want to push the issue, but have been waiting hopefully,to see them, and was thought it would be a great winter project. Now that it is spring (is that what they call it here in Washington State this year?) it sure would be nice to be able to put one of them together.

(See thread from 06-20-2007, 10:25 PM, Freebird- center stand for RSV)

I would have ordered one of Freebird's models, but as he is no longer making them, was hoping he would post the plans for the rest of us to try our hands at making our own. I, for one, would love to have the chance to "roll my own."

Lowflyer07

I'm sorry. I guess that life and work got in the way and I just completely forgot about it. I have no problem providing the information and in fact, I posted it on here once but that was before the big crash of '06. I will TRY to take some measurements and pictures this weekend. I'm not good at drawings but I think I can take some pictures and add some dimensions and that should work.

Don, I have most of your plans including pictures with dimensions and the "L" bracket and allen bolt on the stand. Also have the AIS modification pictures. It is all in a word document. If you need it let me know. You might be able to edit and clean it up for archiving.

JB

Don, I have most of your plans including pictures with dimensions and the "L" bracket and allen bolt on the stand. Also have the AIS modification pictures. It is all in a word document. If you need it let me know. You might be able to edit and clean it up for archiving.

JB

Yes, please send it to me at dnelson@axcesswave.com. I will make any edits and then post it. Thanks.

:doh:Lowflyer07: If StratCat backs out, I'm interested.

Russ you go for it, just had a big unexpected house expense hit me today so it's gonna be awhile before any mad money comes around again! Thanks for the consideration though!