IGNORED

2nd Gen Rsv Backrest With Arm Rests?

RockinRuss

I recently bought an '04 Midnight RSV. It has the small nubs on the side of the passenger backrest. My wife wants the backrest that has the arm rests which stick out about 6-8 inches. I've seen photos, but haven't found it for sale on www.starmotorcycles.com and haven't found any info on it in this forum, so please help me learn where to purchase it and what it is called. I have attempted to attach photos of other's bikes with the two different styles that I am trying to describe.

What I want (studded):

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/venturerider/IMG_0486.jpg

What I have:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/venturerider/IMG_0478.jpg

Please reply if you can help.

Thanks

Edited by RockinRuss

Thanks. If anyone has a rider's opinion of these, please reply. It would be hard to spend $200 without test riding it first.

Unless your going to get all 3 pieces, they will be terribly mismatched. You could also look into the aftermarket arm rests from Diamond R.

Still 200 bux, but at least they would match.

http://www.diamondraccessories.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/tubulararmrest.jpg

Thanks for the comment about not matching the seat. I wondered about that. I don't think the Corbin trunk back rest has any stitching but my seat does. I still think it would look better than the Diamond R ones. Those seem a bit excessive, and they don't flow with the lines of the bike as much. I don't like the looks of them, and don't want them in the way.

I could probably fork out $50 for an apolster to stitch the new backrest with a matching pattern, or Star Logo. My seat stitching is just like the midnight in the photo, not the pillow-top style.

Thanks.

Guest Big Dog Dad

I purchesed one of these back rests from corbin and my daughter absolutely loves it.If you call corbin directly or E-mail them they will be able to make the seat match as close as possible to your style of seat.I have the pillow top seats and they were unable to match the pillow look but it still looks good.I think it was well worth the money spent....COMFORT.

I see there are a ton of different materials available. Assuming one was to get the trunkrest only, anyone have an idea which material would most closely match up to the stock pillow top seat?

Thanks for letting me use your great picture, Gary. That's a beautiful Midnight RSV, but of course, I'm biased.

Your signature line says '06 black cherry though, what happened to the Midnight?

Catastrophic wreck 10/17/07.

I bought my '07 Midnight Venture last spring, and I just couldn't get used to the stock pillow-top seats. So, while in California this past summer we decided to pay the good folks at Corbin a visit.

Corbin custom made the dual-tourer seat for us, and re-covered my Utopia backrest to match our seat. We didn't do the passenger's backrest though - just didn't have enough left in the budget for that also at the time. And, we might get the passenger backrest done sometime, but for for now it looks okay and my sweetie finds it comfortable.

I really really like the Corbin seats. For me, they are much more comfortable than the pillow tops. Other people find the Corbin seats way too firm.

Anyway, here's some pics of it.

Pete.

Guest tx2sturgis

Wow Pete, that seat looks great! Dang...got me thinking now...

Hey Mr Corbin, I'd like one 'PeteSeat' to go, please.

:happy34:

• 1 month later...

Good luck Pete. $675 is too much for my budget. After my wife and I rode 300 miles together, she decided that the stock seat is okay, so she no longer feels the need to spend a few hundred on a different backrest. Good. Now we can cross that off the wish list and move on to other mods.

The whole set is $675. But, maybe they just really just want $600 for the dual-touring seat, and they'll let me have the backrest for $75 - but, I don't have very high expectations for this. I don't think my wife really cares about replacing the stock backrest anyway. She likes the stock one. But, I would like it to match the other seat. However, I expect that it would be better to keep her happy - then I'll be happy.

Pete.