IGNORED

Good news i think?

baylensman

So I may've mentioned before that i'm having issues with my knees that seems to get worse when I ride. Well I rode last Monday and it felt as if i was being stabbed in the knee, i was sure the bike had to go. Well i took it easy last week in the gym and at home. I felt pretty good over the weekend and the weather has been gonzo nice! I mean 75 degree at 5:30 and a deep purple sky with lots of stars before work. So i rode the bike just to see. well i rode three days in a row and no pain!!! Must be some other environmental factor that happened to occur at the same time as my rides over the winter and early spring, causing the knee pain.

The other thing going on is i've lost almost 30 pounds since Christmas! I've been working out at least three times a week including a leg routine. I got rid of the Mark8 and traded for an SUV, which isn't so low.

So maybe I can ride a few more years! I cant see my self on a trike or a spyder, so the option was a convertible, which won't fit in the driveway!

And I'll stick around here and be a pain in the butt

First thing is - Congrats on the weight loss.

I have lost 56 pounds since last May. 2 years ago I was 306 and felt like crap. Now i weigh in at 235.

I know it takes a lot of work. Thumbs up to you.

Between the weight loss and exercise, You have to feel fantastic. I have been doing cross-fit for the past 2 months. At 54 my knees are not liking it. It is feeling better. My knees don't bother me as they did on the bike. I credit the weight loss and exercise with that. This year I plan to do some riding. included in my rides will some places to hike/walk there is so much to see. In the past I would get winded so easy. Now a little ride and some exercise. remembering to bring plenty of water and comfortable shoes

Safe travels friend

Dave

Congratulations on the weight loss and the exercising! Weight loss is the best thing you can do for your health. It helps in so many ways, reduced arthritis, reduced blood pressure, reduced heart risk, reduced diabetes risk, and the list goes on. I also believe in taking some supplements, fish oil, garlic, vitamins occasionally, selenium occasionally, CoQ10, zinc occasionally, and others.

You need to do some research on the statins and other drugs you may be taking. I was taking rosuvastatin for cholesterol and I developed severe pain in my right arthritic hip. So, I stopped taking it and the most of the pain went away. A few months later, I tried it again and the same thing happened. I've taken 3 different statin drugs so far and they just don't agree with me with different unacceptable side effects from all three.

Again, congratulations!!

When it came time for me to think about continuing to handle an 800 pound, top heavy bike, I thought about a trike, and I even have a 1500 Goldwing, but I ended up with a Miata. Well, six of them actually. The first one was for Linda, which I enjoyed so much, I got one for me. Then, when buying a hardtop, I ended up with another one. My son got that one and then I bought a parts car. Then my grandson got one, but my grandson's got totaled when a woman in an SUV pulled thru traffic across on front of him, so he built another one. Fortunately, with his seatbelt and airbag, he was uninjured.

Point is, if you want something fun in the sun and wind, take a look at a Miata. I have put about 60,000 miles on mine in four years and pull a Time Out Camper with it. I look forward to driving it every time I get in it.

Randy