IGNORED

Define STUPID...easy way to die...

cptriker1

Wow.....you are very lucky. I can't believe you could ride that bike with the tire pressure so low..... If I'm a few pounds low i can feel it.

I just changed my tires and my rear Avon also had some minor cracking on it

Coop

Well, I've decided that after this new Dunlop I'm going to get tge Michelin Commander II for the rear. It'll be worth the extra money.

I ran a Commander II a few years back, went to Shinkos for a while because they had a higher weight rating than the Commander II. Dunlop release the Elite 4 that should have the same long like as the Commander II but the same weight rating as the Shinkos. I'm 1,000 miles into the Dunlop E4 and so far I like it, but no real world longevity report as of yet.

Edit: Shinkos & Dunlop E4 - 990 lbs

Commander II - 827 lbs

A few years back several of us here had sidewall cracking issues with Avon Venoms. The tires felt great in the twisties but they just didn't last. I've run Elites ever since. Haven't had a problem with them, yet (knock, knock, knock). Decent mileage, though they don't feel as nimble in the twisties.

That being said, I recently bought an 05 Warrior from my Sister. I'm getting ready to put Avons on it. The Warrior crowd love 'em, so I'm going to take a chance.

A few years back several of us here had sidewall cracking issues with Avon Venoms. The tires felt great in the twisties but they just didn't last. I've run Elites ever since. Haven't had a problem with them, yet (knock, knock, knock). Decent mileage, though they don't feel as nimble in the twisties.

That being said, I recently bought an 05 Warrior from my Sister. I'm getting ready to put Avons on it. The Warrior crowd love 'em, so I'm going to take a chance.

I have a set of EIII's on my bike that are 6 years old and look like they were out on last week.

I have a set of EIII's on my bike that are 6 years old and look like they were out on last week.

A six year old tire should be history, tread or no tread. But that is just my opinion mind you, just because I don't think a blow-out is much fun and don't save me any money.

A six year old tire should be history, tread or no tread. But that is just my opinion mind you, just because I don't think a blow-out is much fun and don't save me any money.

I do not disagree with you Carl. I don't plan on running those tires. My left shoulder is messed up and the Doc said stay off the bike as much as possible. So I am not in a hurry to change them. If I did that I would be riding and the shoulder would get worse.

I do not disagree with you Carl. I don't plan on running those tires. My left shoulder is messed up and the Doc said stay off the bike as much as possible. So I am not in a hurry to change them. If I did that I would be riding and the shoulder would get worse.

Grand Idea!!! and wishing you heal fast and well. :happy65: