IGNORED

Anyone here work for Canda Post Office?

M61A1MECH

I am hoping I can get some inside help on a lost package that I mailed to Quebec. The US Post Office says that because I mailed the item first class they cannot start an inquiry on it, Canada Post says , because it did not originate in Canada they can not start an inquiry on it.

The item left Mississauga, ON the 23rd of April it had to go 250 or so miles to Gatineau, Quebec and is still "in route".

So if there are any Canadian Postal workers on the site that maybe could help, please PM me and maybe we can get the package going again, I know it is a long shot, but that is all I have right now, and I have a customer waiting for a trailer harness to arrive before he leaves on vacation.

thanks for any help.

I know it's a worry but that sort of service is not unusual from Canada Post. BUT please don't forget Quebec is in a bit of turmoil at present with some quite major flooding in numerous areas, So that may be a legitimate reason for the delay of your package.

Your package still stands a good chance of being delivered. But when is anyone's guess.

Previously we have sent both letters & packages across country, they have taken anything from a few days to NINE weeks. Just recently it took FOUR weeks to deliver a b/d card within BC, a total distance of approx 120km! Some time ago a b/d card to a friend took some six weeks again within BC.

There is chance for your package; I know the service is disgusting & costs keep on increasing but this time there may be a legitimate excuse!

Kretz,

Thanks for that confirmation of what the gal I spoke to at Canada Post told me, but the idea that no one at either postal service is able to help, even though both acknowledge they can see the available tracking information is so frustrating.

I am still hopeful the harness will be delivered.

I do not work for the Canadian post, but I did work for the USPS for 14 years.

There is no way to track your first class post. It has no tracking mechanism attached. Even if the Canadian post was willing to, they could not. there is simply nothing to track. It's just another one of millions of pieces of mail with nothing more than a delivery address and a postage mark.

Even if you paid extra for delivery confirmation, you will only get a notice when it is delivered to the recipient. It is not scanned en route. I'm not even sure you'd get that on an international delivery. Canada's system may not interface with the USPS.

luvmy40

I get that with regular first class letter, but with the packages I send I have to fill out a customs declaration, that declaration has a number assigned to it and that number in my case LH064329077US can be used to track the package to the customs office on the USPS system and then from customs to delivery using Canada Post, both people in the US PO and Canada Post looked up the number while we were talking and were able to see the tracking, so it is visible to the system, the information provided to the casual user like me, looks the same as any regular tracking number information you get on a domestic package, that is what is confusing and frustrating to me.

Got it.

I was not considering customs issues.

I'd guess that this is just a bureaucratic snafu. I'd just keep calling the Canadian Post and see if you can eventually get in touch with someone willing to do their job.

Yeah, I am not done yet, but not sure what I do next either, that is why I was hoping some one here was on the inside up there in Canada.

I have had good luck here in the US system, with just asking about missing packages and that seemingly magically gets the package moving again, I am still hoping for that on this one.

I have been told previously by Canada Post (in the UK too, & Luvmy40 seems to be saying the same for the US too), that postal workers can only access exactly the same information that is available to the general public. (i.e. when mail is processed IN or OUT of a particular facility) if it's anywhere in between those facilities your guess is as good as theirs as to where it may be.

I am happy you have faith again in the postal system.:canada::usa: But why is our USA flag smaller than the Canadian flag??? I am feeling abused again and Cowpuc had nothing to do with it.:doh::stickpoke::backinmyday::think::whistling::icon_lurker::crackup::fnd_(16)::smash2:

:farmer:

Yeah,,, that teeny little American flag is getting harder and harder for these tired old eyes to see,, matter of fact,, I gotta use my bifocals to do so :stickpoke:.. I/others have mentioned that observation before too Sly and I think the last time we chatted about it we were unable to come up with a reasonable sized flag waver.. Personally, I think if nothing else,, that shot of Old Glory in the upper right hand corner of your post would even do the trick,, I put more value on the flag than the cute cyber guy waving Her,, I'd gladly do my own waving for an Old Glory I can see :guitarist 2:

And yes ya bunch of lop eared :stirthepot: varmints,, in my case @Sylvester had everything to do with this post :rasberry:

I am happy you have faith again in the postal system.:canada::usa: But why is our USA flag smaller than the Canadian flag??? I am feeling abused again and Cowpuc had nothing to do with it.:doh::stickpoke::backinmyday::think::whistling::icon_lurker::crackup::fnd_(16)::smash2:

:farmer:

Funny thing is, after the Canada Post folks told my customer they could not create an incident report one day, when he tried again a few days later, they did create one for him, then the package got moving, could be a coincidence, but I have had the same thing happen here more than once, go in an question the system and suddenly the package is moving again, just glad it made it to the destination.