IGNORED

Little help on Rain Gear Please

1sttenor

Guest Yamahawg
We use frogg toggs. The best place to order them is www.outdoorboss.com. You can get them new for 39.95. I ordered on a friday and received them on monday. Their service is excellent. After use I repackage them with our food saver. It will shrink them down in a compact package that doesn't take up much room.

Great Idea on Using the Foodsaver. You have opened up a new world of uses for me...LOL.

I picked a couple of sets of FROGG TOGGS. G-Ma put them in a couple of freezer bags---sucked the air out of them with her "handy-dandy" little air sucker (the kind you put stuff in the freezer with) Hardly take up any room til you need them. ----Buzz

did I not read the above post or did I just not read the above post---sorry for the repeat----Buzz

• 8 months later...

Greetings...

oh REALLY!?! THAT'S nice to know.

Darn, what a downer in advance of wanting to purchase a set.

I don't have to take off my boots to get my frogg toggs on - they have a nice zipper on the ankles - I can get my size 13 1/2 Herman survivors into them just fine!

On or off - though, it really helps if you ARE sitting down when you stick your legs in - Just so you don't loose your balance and step on the trousers in the mud and mess up your seat!

They FEEL so flimsy - But they are SO tough! And light! I've tried many gear over the years, and Frogg Toggs are the absolute best I've ever found.

I have used Frogg Toggs for years and always been happy with them. They do make several types (same material, just different features). Some have zippers in the pant legs, some don't. But even the ones without zippers have gone on over my size 13 cowboy boots without real problems. Many people have stated they breath - personally I do not think so.

After extended use, I have had them develop leaks that I could never find - just wet spots in the clothes under them - sometimes significant. Now I think I know why I could never find the leaks. Recently I have discovered a problem with my newest set of pants. One of the seams on the outside of the lower pant leg has started coming apart - probably from the wind. When I was trying to repair it, I saw light coming through slits in the material. Upon closer examination, I could see that the plastic film sandwiched between the two fiber layers of material had begun to come apart in long slits. When I looked at the other leg, it shows the same separation in the internal film (hold it up to bright light and you can see light through the slits). This pair of pants had not been used that much, so I am quite concerned that they seem to have deteriorated. Frogg Toggs only stands behind them for one year. I may be looking for a different brand of rain gear.

I can give praise to the Nelson Rigg AX1 suit. On my way home from the Rally in Kitchener I hit the rain and rode across Nova Scotia for the whole day in some very heavy rain. I didn't get the least bit wet other than a little condensation.

Keith

Tourmaster for $55.00 a pair. They're lightweight nylon type material that's waterproof. I've had 5 sets of Frogg Toggs and never again. The pants always start leaking in the crotch and I've always been careful putting them on. I know some people love them and they are cooler than some of the rainsuits.

Look on the Honda Direct line webb site.

Eddie

Frog-togs less tahn $40.00 and rolls up nicely to fit in the saddlebag. My wife and I drove through a pretty severe thunderstorm in Halletsville Texas and the only moisture was from perspiration (what a wind). They work great but in the Texas summer time they are a bit warm.