IGNORED

Seat height 08 venture

I recently purchased an 08 venture and it seems really high considering the seat height specs. I am not a tall guy at 5'7" and I'm not comfortable with it. Can anyone offer suggestions other than lowering the bike? I've had many people tell me a mustang seat has lowered goldwings as much as 3 inches for seat height?

Edited by NEnewowner2008
Typos

There are two things you can do to lower the seat height.

1: Buy a lowering kit, or make your own. Info on this site.

2: Drop the front end by raising the fork tubes on the triple tree. Info on this site as well. This not only lowers the front end but improves low speed handling.

In addition, you can have the seat modified by Rick Butler who will scoop out some of the padding and replace with better stuff...

All 3 of these can get you pretty low. But know that this may interfere with cornering clearances...

I've never owned a Goldwing but have owned Mustang seats for other bikes. They make a decent seat but I always found that they actually raised me up a bit, not lowered me.

A Corbin seat will lower you. It is a hard seat and people either love them or hate them. I am in the "love them" category but it's a matter of preference. It will probably lower you about an inch though.

Baron's makes a rear lowering kit that includes a caliper relocation bracket. Sliding the front forks in the triple tree, as already mentioned, is a "free" solution that will help.

Freebird,

I had a Corbin on a 95 Magna. I loved it on there. Considering the purchase set back and it didn't pass inspection so the shop is nailing me another $600.00 I'm not quite ready to toss another 500.00 in. After reading other posts I think I might be in the market for a seat rework and if that isn't sufficient maybe consider modifying. I really think all I need is that extra inch lower and a tad more narrow to get my feet firmly on the ground.

Everything being "stock" I recommend the fork lowering. I dont know how handy you are, but it can be done in an afternoon for FREE. I think the max you can get is 1 inch, I went 3/4 as I didnt want the tops hitting the fairing and I also wanted to be able to still add air to front shocks. I dont care for the rear lowering as it really lowers the rear but then the front is way up compared to it, so it throws the steering geometry out of whack. Just my thoughts. I'm 5'6"

Freebird,

I had a Corbin on a 95 Magna. I loved it on there. Considering the purchase set back and it didn't pass inspection so the shop is nailing me another $600.00 I'm not quite ready to toss another 500.00 in. After reading other posts I think I might be in the market for a seat rework and if that isn't sufficient maybe consider modifying. I really think all I need is that extra inch lower and a tad more narrow to get my feet firmly on the ground.

Hi I'm 5ft10 and can just comfortably get both feet on the ground. Seat height is low, but these are wide bikes for sure. If I needed to alter the seat, having read a lot of posts about dropping the clamps on the forks, I'd give that a try first.

Is it possible that your bike has been raised in the rear somehow? I'm 5'6" with 28" inseam, and I can flat foot my 2008 RSV with boots on, provided I'm sitting on flat ground. Admittedly my knees are fully straight, but stopping at a light I've got both balls of my feet firmly planted, no tippy toes.

I've had the bike for about 10 weeks and ridden ~7000Km; it seemed really big at first, but seems to have shrunk in my perception as the miles roll over.