IGNORED

Where to put those lights?

Glad i'm not the only wit this issue. I don't want to drill holes but i have two sets of light i'd like to mount. Never thought of using the fender mount idea.

i've been thinking of turning the mounts for the hi way pegs up side down and pushing them as high as they'll go so i can mount the other lights below them.

I thought of that too. But the 1st thing to hit the ground if I go down is going to be the lights and the hiway pegs. Rather not deal with that...but not planning on going down either. We know how that works!

Been gone for 2 weeks...have to deal first with replacing the bearings/hubs on the Yukon after 206K miles. I might be buying a travel trailer in the next few weeks and need to run to Knoxville Tennessee to pick it up if the deal goes through. So gotta get the truck running. Funny, the dealer is across the interstate (I-40) from where I've stayed multiple times. The Best Western Strawberry Inn east of Knoxville. Small world.

What about drilling a single mounting hole in the lower part of the wind deflector? Attach a nice angle bracket to the deflector then mount the light on that bracket. That way the lights are higher up & shouldn't come into contact with anything if you bottom the front suspension.

I thought of that too. But the 1st thing to hit the ground if I go down is going to be the lights and the hiway pegs. Rather not deal with that...but not planning on going down either. We know how that works!

Been gone for 2 weeks...have to deal first with replacing the bearings/hubs on the Yukon after 206K miles. I might be buying a travel trailer in the next few weeks and need to run to Knoxville Tennessee to pick it up if the deal goes through. So gotta get the truck running. Funny, the dealer is across the interstate (I-40) from where I've stayed multiple times. The Best Western Strawberry Inn east of Knoxville. Small world.

If i start worrying about whats gonna break if i go down I'll never ride again. Thumbs up rubber down. If the Bike goes over I made a mistake so i'll deal with it.

• 4 weeks later...