IGNORED

Wrote this in 2007, still true today.

Marcarl

My mechanic is an awesome guy. When ever I need something he points me in the right direction, if I ask him a question he comes up with all kinds of possibilities for an answer, when I need help in some mechanical aspect of my scoot he stands ready to show me pictures and diagrams and even sometimes finds physical help to get me through problem areas that are too much for me. At other times I just need a sounding board so I stop by and whine and complain or just share a pleasurable moment with him, at which he throws all the tools aside and listens with an attentive ear. I‘ve even shared a joke or two with him and he laughs as though it is real funny. He has not let me down yet. Last year he gave me a service manual, no charge he says. Then he noticed that my wind shield had a large scratch and he found me a practically brand new one for 1\2 price or less. Through his efforts I even found some safety chrome that all my friends are impressed with, and then he sent me to a place to get all the exact light lenses that were looking kind of old. I felt kind of bad, him doing all this for me and me never paying anything, so I asked what I could give him for his time and effort. Carl, he says, it’s all no charge, but if you bring me a cup of coffee now and then, when you come past a coffee shop, that would be nice. Just thought I should tell you all about him, seeing as he’s such a great guy.

Part II

My mechanic has been a busy one lately. I’ve noticed that a lot of my friends also show up at his door asking questions, getting advice, sharing a story or two and making him laugh with some of their jokes. I just don’t know how he keeps up with the, now two, shops that he looks after plus his family his property. I sure glad he’s got some help with some of the locals. What bothers me sometimes though, is how long will he stay on. Very few of his customers pay him anything because he just won’t present a bill, he says it all from the goodness of his heart, and I believe that to be true. The other day though, I did leave him a little something so that he could maybe repaint the front door or maybe replace the chairs that we seem to have worn out by sitting on and watching him work. I’m thinking to make up a sign so that more of the other ‘locals’ will leave a little bit so that this winter when it gets cold, it could be a little warmer when we sit around and chat. I figure that with a little over the 3000 customers he has, we should be able to keep quite warm this winter.

Yep you guessed it, MY MECHANIC is this site and if I need to say more this part will have to go to part 3. I really think that just counting the bike info we get, let alone all the other entertainment, comradery, prayers, support, physical help, and more, that we get from this site, we certainly would not want to forget to place just a little something in the donation box.

Ok I’ve said too much, but it’s been on my mind and I couldn’t shake it. Now it’s done.

Carl

IMHO, definitely timeless words Carl and well put my brother! As good today as it was yesterday... My hat too goes off to our sites "My Mechanic" guru's out there in Cyberland = you are ALL appreciated!!:thumbsup:

Ok,,, as you know,, I am sort of thick skulled sometimes,,, actually most of the time :scratchchin:,,,, @Marcarl ,, when you mentioned "donations" in your post (which,, once again,, IMHO,, was very well put!!) did you intend to link that post with this one that Jack posted a while back??

See how I snuck that in here @Condor :hihi:

Ok,,, as you know,, I am sort of thick skulled sometimes,,, actually most of the time :scratchchin:,,,, Marcarl ,, when you mentioned "donations" in your post (which,, once again,, IMHO,, was very well put!!) did you intend to link that post with this one that Jack posted a while back??

See how I snuck that in here Condor :hihi:

Hey Puc, this was written in 2007 when there were no membership dues, so that part might be kind of out of date, so I didn't post it for that. The reason I reposted it, was that I was going through some older documents, opened it and said to myself: Self, this site is still so good, that 11 years later this post is just as relevant as it was then, maybe even more so. Now if somebody wants to donate, that is also welcome, just hit the donate button, but all that will do is to take less of Freebirds own resources to run this site, which is not a bad thing!!!

Ok,,, as you know,, I am sort of thick skulled sometimes,,, actually most of the time :scratchchin:,,,, Marcarl ,, when you mentioned "donations" in your post (which,, once again,, IMHO,, was very well put!!) did you intend to link that post with this one that Jack posted a while back??

See how I snuck that in here Condor :hihi:

Dang you're good..... :clap2:

My mechanic is an awesome guy. When ever I need something he points me in the right direction, if I ask him a question he comes up with all kinds of possibilities for an answer, when I need help in some mechanical aspect of my scoot he stands ready to show me pictures and diagrams and even sometimes finds physical help to get me through problem areas that are too much for me. At other times I just need a sounding board so I stop by and whine and complain or just share a pleasurable moment with him, at which he throws all the tools aside and listens with an attentive ear. I‘ve even shared a joke or two with him and he laughs as though it is real funny. He has not let me down yet. Last year he gave me a service manual, no charge he says. Then he noticed that my wind shield had a large scratch and he found me a practically brand new one for 1\2 price or less. Through his efforts I even found some safety chrome that all my friends are impressed with, and then he sent me to a place to get all the exact light lenses that were looking kind of old. I felt kind of bad, him doing all this for me and me never paying anything, so I asked what I could give him for his time and effort. Carl, he says, it’s all no charge, but if you bring me a cup of coffee now and then, when you come past a coffee shop, that would be nice. Just thought I should tell you all about him, seeing as he’s such a great guy.

Part II

My mechanic has been a busy one lately. I’ve noticed that a lot of my friends also show up at his door asking questions, getting advice, sharing a story or two and making him laugh with some of their jokes. I just don’t know how he keeps up with the, now two, shops that he looks after plus his family his property. I sure glad he’s got some help with some of the locals. What bothers me sometimes though, is how long will he stay on. Very few of his customers pay him anything because he just won’t present a bill, he says it all from the goodness of his heart, and I believe that to be true. The other day though, I did leave him a little something so that he could maybe repaint the front door or maybe replace the chairs that we seem to have worn out by sitting on and watching him work. I’m thinking to make up a sign so that more of the other ‘locals’ will leave a little bit so that this winter when it gets cold, it could be a little warmer when we sit around and chat. I figure that with a little over the 3000 customers he has, we should be able to keep quite warm this winter.

Yep you guessed it, MY MECHANIC is this site and if I need to say more this part will have to go to part 3. I really think that just counting the bike info we get, let alone all the other entertainment, comradery, prayers, support, physical help, and more, that we get from this site, we certainly would not want to forget to place just a little something in the donation box.

Ok I’ve said too much, but it’s been on my mind and I couldn’t shake it. Now it’s done.

Carl

Carl, you may be sarcastic but you are right on the point.:banana:

:farmer:

Being somewhat old school and of a somewhat basic nature I tend to often demonstrate a dislike for the computer era and the control it has taken of our simpler and less stressful life style of the past. However even I have to admit despite all my ranting and dislike of the computer age, had it not been for the internet I would not have many of the benefits it also provides. Carl,s opening praise of this site is an example of one of them. The friends I have gained many of which I have become very close with and count them among the best of my friends, the knowledge I have gained both technical and otherwise. Sights I have seen, that I would not have otherwise even thought about, thanks to organized Rallies, organized by the outstanding members of this club,

(The trains I still get to complain about for keeping me awake all night in Galena ) LOL.

Marcarl put it all very well, this a great site with great members. When you see the never ending scathing personal remarks and vulgarity of many other sites, I like the fact that we have excellent moderators that do a great job in keeping this site clean and non-controversial. Yet not so much that we can still indulge in some light hearted bantering. The overall camaraderie and willingness to offer assistance among members on this site is overwhelming.

Freebird your efforts to run and maintain this site are greatly appreciated and I for one am proud to be member of venturerider.org

Edited by saddlebum